Angels @ White Sox, Sunday 1:10 PM, CSN

LittleHurt05

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 06:28 PM)
I'm saying we were willing to listen to trade offers for Ozzie apparently. I'm well aware that the Marlins said no, yet I don't know why we went and extended Ozzie when it's pretty obvious if we struggle this year, he's gone.

That isn't anywhere close to you what you were trying to say. :lolhitting

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 12:40 AM)
That isn't anywhere close to you what you were trying to say. :lolhitting

Unreal...everyone knows that it was the Marlins that said no (I believe it was Fred Mitchell that reported that). I'll always respect JR and KW for being open-minded about that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 04:29 PM)
I gave you a timeline. If he went 4-4 today all the naysayers would want to suck him off.

I just wonder how many people on this board actually played baseball, because if you did, even at low levels, you would understand the ups and downs of a baseball season and not get so carried away with a tough game or a tough week.

The disgust getting swept by the Angels is laughable. They had 2 of the hottest pitchers in baseball throwing. The last time the Angels swept the Sox in Chicago was 2005. People were contemplating slitting their wrists then as well, then 2 months later, everyone is the greatest ever.

Well...I played all through college...and in leagues (baseball) until I was 45 in IL and AZ. I understand the ebbs and flows of the season. If you read back to some of my earlier posts in the offseason...I was one that said didn't expect too much out of Gordo. Love his drive. But I just don't see...or anointing him as a future star. I hope I'm wrong. He'll have his hot streaks...but I don't see him carrying his team during stretches (which is what a star does IMO). It has nothing to do with the last week or so.

Let me ask you a question...so do consider Juan Uribe a star?

Edited by Wanne

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
Well...I played all through college...and in leagues (baseball) until I was 45 in IL and AZ. I understand the ebbs and flows of the season. If you read back to some of my earlier posts in the offseason...I was one that said didn't expect too much out of Gordo. Love his drive. But I just don't see...or anointing him as a future star. I hope I'm wrong. He'll have his hot streaks...but I don't see him carrying his team during stretches (which is what a star does IMO). It has nothing to do with the last week or so.

Let me ask you a question...so do consider Juan Uribe a star?

lol. you apparently don't remember how much DA worshiped Uribe and I think Contreras.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 07:14 PM)
23,500 attendance today...that's really bad for a Sunday day game with decent weather. This road trip is huge for so many reasons.

Decent weather? In the shade it was freezing and at 10:00 this morning(when you decide to go to a game) it was 39 with 25 MPH winds.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)
lol. you apparently don't remember how much DA worshiped Uribe and I think Contreras.

yeah...I missed that memo. I'm not baggin' on Gordo...he is what he is. Tell ya what though...I'd lay a Grande down that says he won't be an All-Star in the next 5 years.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 07:14 PM)
23,500 attendance today...that's really bad for a Sunday day game with decent weather. This road trip is huge for so many reasons.

I was at the game and the stadium looked more than half empty. It seemed like there were tons of families in attendance today, but not many people in the core demographic. The Sox definitely need to pick it up to get those people to the ballpark.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 12:25 AM)
Decent weather? In the shade it was freezing and at 10:00 this morning(when you decide to go to a game) it was 39 with 25 MPH winds.

No rain was forecasted though. Wasn't it in the low 50s?

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
No rain was forecasted though. Wasn't it in the low 50s?

The temp on the right field scoreboard was at 53/54 degrees all game, but it was much colder in the shade. I was in Section 114/Row 1 and from about the 5th inning on it was like 35 degrees (it became overcast). The wind whipping around the stadium didn't help matters much.

Edited by IamtheHBOMB

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 06:48 PM)
Unreal...everyone knows that it was the Marlins that said no (I believe it was Fred Mitchell that reported that). I'll always respect JR and KW for being open-minded about that.

So you were trying to say that the Sox should have actively shopped Ozzie?

It's too simplistic to say Ozzie is the problem.

We may need a change, though.

The sad thing is I don't want a member of his staff taking over and I sure don't want Buddy Bell.

So a change would not be a good thing, cause we'd get one of those two things.

I guess I could handle Harold Baines getting the job or even Ryne Sandberg.