Steve9347

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 05:48 PM)
Yeah, his first full year as a starter was the year he was traded midseason in 2009

What's hilarious is you avoiding the point I made which shatters your response into a million pieces

Kaboom!

Danks first year as a starter came as a 22 year old straight out of AAA, Masterson was a 25 year old who had already started 25 big league games.. smh.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
Danks first year as a starter came as a 22 year old straight out of AAA, Masterson was a 25 year old who had already started 25 big league games.. smh.

So there's absolutely no reason to think a pitcher going from 2+ years in relief to a starter will have an adjustment period?

Many would consider last year Masterson's first real season as a starter, oh and there have been successful 22 year old starters, who's to say Masterson wouldn't have been if Boston hadn't had a full rotation of legit starters forcing him into a role unbefitting to what his career would actually be

Seriously, the 'age' thing?

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
So there's absolutely no reason to think a pitcher going from 2+ years in relief to a starter will have an adjustment period?

Many would consider last year Masterson's first real season as a starter, oh and there have been successful 22 year old starters, who's to say Masterson wouldn't have been if Boston hadn't had a full rotation of legit starters forcing him into a role unbefitting to what his career would actually be

Seriously, the 'age' thing?

Like I said.. Masterson had TWENTY FIVE big league starts before his first full season as a starting pitcher, not to mention 78 overall big league appearances.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
Can't wait for that 38-13 stretch like last year. I'm sure that will be coming.

But seriously, this team f***ing blows. There, I said it.

The White Sox have no recent history of starting slow and still getting to the playoffs. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt there. Just about any team in baseball can play the "it's early" card right now.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
Like someone on MLB just said, the Sox face some nasty pitchers lately

Actually dude does have a point though. Lets see how other teams do against Haren, Weaver, and Price all in one week.

But with that being said... I'm looking forward to the Sox absolutely unloading on some poor unfortunate pitcher real soon.

Can't get much worse then this. Vaunted Sox offense gets shut out and the last few games they have shown less and less anyway until tonite and they show nothing. Your supposed new ace reliever comes into the9th and gives up a homer to put the game a bit farther out of reach. Is this rock bottom yet?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 08:26 PM)
The White Sox have no recent history of starting slow and still getting to the playoffs. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt there. Just about any team in baseball can play the "it's early" card right now.

What's the difference between 7-9 and 14-17? Because the 2008 White Sox were 14-17. They were also 15-18 and 18-21.

Of course, they were only 2.5 games back at the very most during 2008, so naturally it's different because Cleveland and Kansas City are going to continue playing this well all year.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
What's the difference between 7-9 and 14-17? Because the 2008 White Sox were 14-17. They were also 15-18 and 18-21.

Of course, they were only 2.5 games back at the very most during 2008, so naturally it's different because Cleveland and Kansas City are going to continue playing this well all year.

Let me add a caveat: no recent history in which they didn't host a play-in game even though they lost the season series to the team they were tied with.

OK, that's reaching. I didn't remember them being 3 games under after nearly 40 games. So I'll go with a very limited history. But nobody can deny this has not been a second half team under Ozzie.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 01:37 AM)
It really is amazing how regardless of the moves this team makes the team never changes. Prolonged slumps and then incredible hot streaks and a pitching staff and bullpen that is wildly inconsistent.

Kind of like the Hawks this past season where you sit around and wait for something to happen and it never does.

How true. I really thought after we won the first couple series we'd be more consistent this year.

Then this crap.

I hate that we just go out nigiht after night and drop game after game.

But it's early .... that's a crock. This team should be ashemed of itself.

Puke baseball in April.