White Sox @ Rays, 04/18 THREAD

Steve9347

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

horrid stretch of games for the sox right now, TB started slow but are playing awesome now, imagine when they get their lineup healthy

meanwhile our multimillion dollar DH is being benched, of course Ozzie will act like the excuse of 'Price is a lefty' is valid. Since when do you pay somebody that kind of money who is essentially worthless against LHP

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 12:38 AM)
horrid stretch of games for the sox right now, TB started slow but are playing awesome now, imagine when they get their lineup healthy

meanwhile our multimillion dollar DH is being benched, of course Ozzie will act like the excuse of 'Price is a lefty' is valid. Since when do you pay somebody that kind of money who is essentially worthless against LHP

Do you really expect Dunn to be able to hit Price, Liriano, etc? No problem with Ozzie benching him.

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 06:43 PM)
Every team in our division has a pitcher better than anybody we have, save the Royals (though will that be true next year?)

I'd take Masterson over anybody in our rotation

so you are saying the mariners will win the AL?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 06:43 PM)
It's Juan Pierre...Ozzie wouldn't have benched him for Barry Bonds in his prime.

So you have no problem with benching Dunn but have no problem with Pierre playing because Ozzie 'won't bench him'

People wonder why so many here hate this clown. He makes ridiculous decisions!

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 05:43 PM)
Every team in our division has a pitcher better than anybody we have, save the Royals (though will that be true next year?)

Masterson's got to do it consistently for at least 4 months before you start comparing him to Danks or even Edwin Jackson.

And let's see what Peavy can do before we've entirely given up on him, as well.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 11:46 PM)
So you have no problem with benching Dunn but have no problem with Pierre playing because Ozzie 'won't bench him'

Of course it's ridiculous, but expecting Ozzie to use his players wisely would be naive now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
I like Masterson. But over Danks?

Hell yes, I can't be the only person here who would. Danks is a 6 inning pitcher who consistently has control issues

Masterson's a beast who's also a ground-ball machine, something our rotation desperately needs

Edited by Real

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 11:43 PM)

Who do the Twins have better than Danks? If you're saying Liriano, he's too much of a risk IMO.

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 06:46 PM)

So you would have been OK with Teahen in the line up instead? I'm not quite sure who else you would be putting in there.