White Sox @ Rays, 04/18 THREAD

Steve9347

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 06:46 PM)
Masterson's got to do in consistently for at least 4 months before you start comparing him to Danks or even Edwin Jackson.

And let's see what Peavy can do before we've entirely given up on him, as well.

Fair enough but I would bet on him having a better career than Danks. Danks is valued mostly because he's an above average lefty.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 06:48 PM)
Who do the Twins have better than Danks? If you're saying Liriano, he's too much of a risk IMO.

If liriano ends up being injury prone, then yeah. But until anyone can label him that with certainty Liriano > Danks and it's not even close

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 05:48 PM)
Who do the Twins have better than Danks? If you're saying Liriano, he's too much of a risk IMO.

Pavano and Blackburn (who was injured last year) have been pitching awfully well, but long-term, you'd certainly wager on Danks over both of those guys.

For just 2011, I'd take those two. But Danks has definitely been a victim of our bullpen and shoddy run support or he would look better.

He does tend to elevate his pitch counts and get knocked out early, as well as having his control issues.

Interesting stat on Jackson, something like a 2.55 ERA when he goes 7+ innings, and a 7 ERA in games where he doesn't make it to 7 IP since the start of 2010.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 05:53 PM)
If liriano ends up being injury prone, then yeah. But until anyone can label him that with certainty Liriano > Danks and it's not even close

Liriano's really lost this year, though.

His velocity is way down again. Nobody knows with his injury history and the elbow weakness due to the sliders how long he'll actually last.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 12:55 AM)
Why do we stink so badly?

Bye bye, Ozzie.

No way Jerry, as much as he likes u, is gonna let this continue through mid May.

This team is so flat, someone's going to be the fall guy if it's mid May and we're 7-10 games below .500. I'm ready for Viciedo/Teahen to platoon in left and let Juan Pierre go play for the Chicago Little League squad.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 12:57 AM)
Shades of Mark Johnson and Royce Clayton at bottom of the line-up. Or Brian Anderson.

It's the American League, yet we keep playing like NL teams. We haven't even faced any of the big boy lineups yet. This offense lived off of opening day the first week, but the last 7 games have been dreadful.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 05:56 PM)
This team is so flat, someone's going to be the fall guy if it's mid May and we're 7-10 games below .500. I'm ready for Viciedo/Teahen to platoon in left and let Juan Pierre go play for the Chicago Little League squad.

This road trip, it's going to be key to not be any more than 2-4 games below .500 when we return. Going to NY with the way this team is playing, not good.

And we're still facing the Rays without Upton, and Damon and Longoria won't be back in this series.

I think the "fall guy" is more likely to be Morel than Juan Pierre, we know how Ozzie will never give up on veterans like Mackowiak, Kotsay and Erstad.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 06:59 PM)
Rios

if he maintains this (as he did in 09), then yes, but right now if someone argued that hes just having a rough 61 ABs, i could potentially buy it...the other guys have a lot of history suggesting that they aren't much better than they are right now

Edited by daa84