Umpire from last eve

Harry Chappas

He worked the series in Cleveland May 30-June 2. May 30th he was the home plate umpire, June 2nd he was the second base umpire and Graffy played short. I assume that's the series you mean, as the Sox lost both games, and the one inbetween. I remember that series but I don't remember the specific calls.

I couldn't judge very well from the upper deck, but i heard on the radio a few people say he had a bad game yesterday at the plate

And his decision to eject Ginter was foolish

I don't know if it was yesterday or a few days ago, but I remember hearing BBTN complaining about him. I think it was the same guy.

Hes a young ump and it seems he cant handle the pressure of being an ump. The whole Ginter thing was flat out stupid. Ibanez is the most dangerous hitter in the lineup. He hit Beltran which brought him to Ibanez. Hes not going to do that intentionally. Its not like he hit Tucker to get to Mayne (which still might not be solid proof of an intentional beaming). Ginter shouldnt have been thrown out. It doesnt look like Wegner is gonna make it very far. He seems to have a lotta people on his ass...

Hes a young ump and it seems he cant handle the pressure of being an ump. The whole Ginter thing was flat out stupid. Ibanez is the most dangerous hitter in the lineup. He hit Beltran which brought him to Ibanez. Hes not going to do that intentionally. Its not like he hit Tucker to get to Mayne (which still might not be solid proof of an intentional beaming). Ginter shouldnt have been thrown out. It doesnt look like Wegner is gonna make it very far. He seems to have a lotta people on his ass...

Exactly. Most umpires realize that a player wouldn't get hit intentionally in a certain situation. He doesn't realize that.

Agreed. No one in his right mind is gonna peg Beltran to get to Ibanez. How hard is that to understand? Well fine, but if he did peg Beltran on purpose, just kick him out of baseball because obviously he was throwing the game too... :rolleyes:

Heh. I thought you were going to post less? Now you are responding to every new post.