Sox on TV this coming week

elrockinMT

Ok for the out of town folks I see that the Sox on featured on ESPN Monday Night baseball & MLB Network Tuesday and Thursday night playing some scrub team called the Yankmees. Let's sweep those guys including the Wednesday game we aren't on TV. :gosoxretro:

Yankee games... the one time of the year I have to watch the games on YES Network. Man I hate Michael Kay. And I don't have cable (just mlb.tv) so this means I'm either going to have to go out to a bar and listen to idiot Yankee fans or to a Yankee friend's house.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
Yankee games... the one time of the year I have to watch the games on YES Network. Man I hate Michael Kay. And I don't have cable (just mlb.tv) so this means I'm either going to have to go out to a bar and listen to idiot Yankee fans or to a Yankee friend's house.

There is nothing worse than having to listen to the other teams announcers

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 02:49 PM)
I feel bad for fans of other teams when they are stuck with the Hawk feed.

At least he and that there stone pony are our announcers. I could care less what other teams fans suffer through

This question is a little off-topic BUT...

I just got AT&T U-verse in Birmingham, AL. One of the packages I can pay for includes CSN Chicago as well as the local FSN feed from several other MLB markets. My question is: will the Sox games be blacked out on CSN Chicago since I am not in that market? Likewise, will the MLB games be blacked out on the other regional networks I can get?

The only in-market games around here are the Braves. Do any of you guys in Chicago have U-verse with Sportsouth or FSN South? If so, does it black out the Braves games?

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)

Doesn't MLB.TV let you switch the feed between the two teams?

QUOTE (Sockin @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
Doesn't MLB.TV let you switch the feed between the two teams?

Yea, but I'm in the Yankees market so I'm blacked out of the game on mlb.tv

However, and this is news to me, I get ESPN 3 online with my internet subscription; and they stream things that air on ESPN and ESPN 2. Now, if I had cable, the game would be blacked out on ESPN because I'd have to watch it on YES. However, apparently ESPN 3 works around this blackout. So I can watch the ESPN stream on ESPN 3. I am pleased!

the Comcast SportsNet +2 experience was horrible. That was the worst picture and sound I might have ever seen. It was bad even for standard definition. The sound felt like it was coming out of a shoebox. I really think they were using mono. I hope we never have that happen again.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)

Ha me too. And to make it even worse I had to watch it in Low def last night. MLB network had the Red Sox game instead, YES had an EPL game and it was being broadcast by my8 which doesn't have an HD channel. And being in NY my mlb.tv was blacked out. Annoying.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
Ha me too. And to make it even worse I had to watch it in Low def last night. MLB network had the Red Sox game instead, YES had an EPL game and it was being broadcast by my8 which doesn't have an HD channel. And being in NY my mlb.tv was blacked out. Annoying.

Are you telling me that MLB Network didn't broadcast the Sox game on Tuesday? I am out of twon and put the game on the DVR record list. Now I won't see it? Tell me it ain't so Joe!

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
Are you telling me that MLB Network didn't broadcast the Sox game on Tuesday? I am out of twon and put the game on the DVR record list. Now I won't see it? Tell me it ain't so Joe!

Not in NY. ESPN games involving the Yankees are never on here either because YES has exclusive rights within the region. I'm sure it was on where you are.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)
Not in NY. ESPN games involving the Yankees are never on here either because YES has exclusive rights within the region. I'm sure it was on where you are.

Thanks. I sure hope so as I want to watch that game regardless if I know the outcome. There was some real excitement in the 8th and 9th innings for sure

I considered going to Direct TV, but these are not good stories to hear. Answer me this though. Do you get the various FOX channels? If they have FOX-Chicago or something can you get a Sox game on Saturday on one of those FOX feeds?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 02:47 PM)
I considered going to Direct TV, but these are not good stories to hear. Answer me this though. Do you get the various FOX channels? If they have FOX-Chicago or something can you get a Sox game on Saturday on one of those FOX feeds?

It might be offered, but I do not have any other Fox than the regular, local Fox station. I never get any of the Fox games when the Sox are on; I usually get Atlanta.