fire walker

lord chas

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the hell is KW?

He's been pretty quiet throughout this streak.

You know he won't be able to avoid the limelight in NY. Or maybe he's better off hiding in an undisclosed location and waiting for Ozzie to say something to distract the media away from the 10 out of 11 slide.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)
We are averaging 3.7 runs a game since opening day's outburst. That's almost the bottom 5 in the league.

In all honesty, the offense was even worse the first 6-8 weeks last season.

But the pitching, particularly Garcia....kept us in it. And our bullpen and defense were much better as well.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
In all honesty, the offense was even worse the first 6-8 weeks last season.

But the pitching, particularly Garcia....kept us in it. And our bullpen and defense were much better as well.

Through 22 games this year, the Sox have scored 94 runs, team BA is .242. Our ERA is 4.42, and our record is 8-14.

Through 23 games last year, the Sox had scored 92 runs, team BA was .223. Our ERA was 4.57, and our record was 9-14

Through 23 games in 2007, the Sox had scored 95 runs, team BA was .225. Our ERA was 3.98, and our record was 12-11

The scary thing is that we are worse off this year than in 2007, when we lost 90 games.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 04:05 PM)
and correct me if im wrong im under the impression that all coaches contracts expire this season except ozzie

I am pretty sure Walker signed an extension through like 2014 or something.

EDIT: Nevermind, must have just been a nightmare. You are correct.

http://www.barrybonds.mlb.com/news/article...ws&c_id=cws

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

Its time to release the entire coaching staff, with maybe the exception of Cooper. Every year its the same thing, we start slow, the coaches defend themselves and say lots of teams start like this, yet I only see us struggling. I think it is just time for a change of scenery. I love Ozzie and company, but I think it is just time for the Sox to part ways with them. Maybe these terrible starts and finishes to the season will end with new management.

They should change the commercial to "All In" means having a $125 million dollar payroll and having worst record in baseball"

How long until they start trading way the team?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
BTW, when was the last time a hitting/pitching coach or manager was fired by the Sox mid-season? Since I've been a fan, I can't remember.

Gary Ward in 2003. Replaced by Walker.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
Through 22 games this year, the Sox have scored 94 runs, team BA is .242. Our ERA is 4.42, and our record is 8-14.

Through 23 games last year, the Sox had scored 92 runs, team BA was .223. Our ERA was 4.57, and our record was 9-14

Through 23 games in 2007, the Sox had scored 95 runs, team BA was .225. Our ERA was 3.98, and our record was 12-11

The scary thing is that we are worse off this year than in 2007, when we lost 90 games.

So wait, through 23 games in 2007, the team was above .500, and they finished 18 games under .500?

And no one takes any lesson from that?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
So wait, through 23 games in 2007, the team was above .500, and they finished 18 games under .500?

And no one takes any lesson from that?

Are you saying the 2011 White Sox are going to finish 24 games under .500? I'M ON BOARD

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
per Cowley KW is making the trip to NYC and if things don't turn around a sacrifice will be made. Repeat, this is Cowley, so to be safe divide by 2 and doubt what's left.

That would be an interesting sacrifice. I suppose if they didn't score a run, Walker would be the obvious choice, but what if they lost 9-8,8-7,11-9 and 5-4? I think its Cowley just throwing some crap out there and if someone does go eventually he will tell everyone he broke the story.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
per Cowley KW is making the trip to NYC and if things don't turn around a sacrifice will be made. Repeat, this is Cowley, so to be safe divide by 2 and doubt what's left.

The first question to ask would be is this a regularly scheduled trip with the team for Kenny or not.

Walker getting fired would be interesting, but I don't know if it would be effective enough.

If anybody gets fired it should be Ozzie.

And when Ozzie is replaced, Kenny should also be blasted publicly by Reinsdorf if he has the guts to go to the news conference.

I know we have this thead every year, but at this point I'm in. How long are we going to wait to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING, to shake things up?

Or are we gonna wait until July and then say in September, oh well, if we hadn't had that awful start we wouldn't have lost the division?