fire walker

lord chas

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:38 PM)
I don't understand. Hitting coaches have no affect on hitters so why bother changing them? I'm surprised every other team in MLB changes their hitting coach when their offense struggles. Seems odd really.

Someone made a great point on the radio today. If hitting coaches don't matter, then Don Cooper should not get any credit for our pitchers succeeding as well.

Maybe at the all star break we'll get the coveted changes. I don't see why they want to go 4 more against Minnie without Dayan, though.

Ozzie batting Dunn third any more is also a fireable offense in my mind.

Morel second is close to a fireable offense as well.

I realize the options are limited, but cmon.

Edited by greg775

Is this guy on soxtalk? If so, we need to talk NOW because you own www.firegregwalker.com

Registrant:

Griggs Enterprises, Inc.

4764 N State Route 1 17

Grant Park, Illinois 60940

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: FIREGREGWALKER.COM

Created on: 25-May-11

Expires on: 25-May-13

Last Updated on: 25-May-11

Administrative Contact:

Griggs, Travis tjgriggs@sbcglobal.net

Griggs Enterprises, Inc.

4764 N State Route 1 17

United States

(815) 693-5218

Technical Contact:

Griggs Enterprises, Inc.

4764 N State Route 1 17

United States

(815) 693-5218

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
At this point, I want a Twins 4 game sweep. Just to see what happens...how if any, justifications are made in keeping Walker/Not calling up Viciedo...

I'd rather call up Viciedo now, which probably would guarantee a split, maybe even a series victory for the Sox.

Without a shake up, with Dunn still batting third I fully expect to lose 3, probably all 4.

Thome is healthy, right? He'll beat us in at least one of the games. He likes to do that.

Bring up Dayan and I say we win two at least.

W/out him ... yuksville.

Edited by greg775

At what point was the Twins series last year where it was clear that was the season? Mid-September, where we were swept? Or the month before? I was at the first game and when it was clear we were going to lose, people were leaving in the 8th already because we obviously weren't going to salvage the season.

Because if they smoke us again here and there are no changes made during the ASB, I think it's safe to call the season.

Edited by LVSoxFan

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
At what point was the Twins series last year where it was clear that was the season? Mid-September, where we were swept? Or the month before? I was at the first game and when it was clear we were going to lose, people were leaving in the 8th already because we obviously weren't going to salvage the season.

Because if they smoke us again here and there are no changes made during the ASB, I think it's safe to call the season.

Funny thing is Kenny always asks Ozzie if Oz "likes what we have; do you need anything?"

Oz usually says he likes what we have.

Ken ought to ask him tonight on the cell phone if he likes what we have going into the Minnie series.

If Ozzie says yes, that is beyond belief.

Hit him now when he's weak and get Dayan up here for Minnie.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
Funny thing is Kenny always asks Ozzie if Oz "likes what we have; do you need anything?"

Oz usually says he likes what we have.

Ken ought to ask him tonight on the cell phone if he likes what we have going into the Minnie series.

If Ozzie says yes, that is beyond belief.

Hit him now when he's weak and get Dayan up here for Minnie.

Are you advocating violence?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:27 PM)
Is this guy on soxtalk? If so, we need to talk NOW because you own www.firegregwalker.com

Registrant:

Griggs Enterprises, Inc.

4764 N State Route 1 17

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: FIREGREGWALKER.COM

Created on: 25-May-11

Expires on: 25-May-13

Last Updated on: 25-May-11

Administrative Contact:

Griggs Enterprises, Inc.

4764 N State Route 1 17

United States

(815) 693-5218

Technical Contact:

Griggs Enterprises, Inc.

4764 N State Route 1 17

United States

(815) 693-5218

The asshole is doing nothing with it!

Some really disturbing numbers from a plethora of players in the last month (not including today):

CQ: .569 ops

Ramirez: .599 ops

Morel: .527 OPS

Rios: .653 OPS (yay, that's improvement for him)

Done: .567 OPS

Beckham: .581 OPS

Lillibridge: .469 OPS

Obviously a few of these guys have been deplorable all year. But we're seeing no signs of those that have been bad all season coming out of it. And to compound everything, the guys that had been good all year have fallen off a cliff.

Someone made a great point on the radio today. If hitting coaches don't matter, then Don Cooper should not get any credit for our pitchers succeeding as well.

I have always laughed my ass off at people who try to say coaches aren't at fault for anything and/or make no difference. It' a cop out and simply makes no sense.

“It’s funny because you cannot teach those guys, you cannot talk to those guys. We have a shrink. I don’t know what he’s doing, but we have it. We have a coach (Greg Walker) that’s here at 8 o’clock in the morning every day working with them. We’ve got a video room. We’ve got a flip (drill). We’ve got all kinds of (stuff). Name it. It isn’t working."

It’s funny because you cannot teach those guys, you cannot talk to those guys. We have a shrink. I don’t know what he’s doing, but we have it. We have a coach (Greg Walker) that’s here at 8 o’clock in the morning every day working with them. We’ve got a video room. We’ve got a flip (drill). We’ve got all kinds of (stuff). Name it. It isn’t working."

None of that matters cause they step to the plate and look so uncomfortable and overanxious.

Chasing pitches, etc.

I wish our guys looked as comfy at the plate today as Hosmer and Francouer.

I'd take Francouer for his salary over Dunn's albatross in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
I have always laughed my ass off at people who try to say coaches aren't at fault for anything and/or make no difference. It' a cop out and simply makes no sense.

Agreed. I point at the DBags right now. Complete horsecrap roster IMO sans a few players...but they bust their butts and compete. Absolutely LOVE that coaching staff they have here. It's changing the mindset. The Chicago White Sox mindset the past 2-3-4 years has been terrible.

I'm f***ing glad that Greg Walker is there at 8 am every day, I'm sure he and Pierre take turns picking up the donuts for everyone, but just because you're there early and work harder than everyone else doesn't make FAILURE disappear.

In fact, it makes you look worse.