AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!

letsgoarow

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 09:12 PM)
I think Floyd was hurt that everyone was giving love to Humber.

Absolutely nasty. Jeter got lucky on that base hit in the 9th. Floyd probably could have thrown a CG today.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 02:13 AM)
He almost blew it twice. Gotta love the Stealth Elf for saving the day.

He was brought in with no breathing room to face two of the best hitters on the planet. I'm just proud of him for throwing strikes.

awesome win, I am flat out shocked that they are going to tread water during this ridiculous stretch.

Sidenote, that Dunn AB when he walked in the 7th or 8th was flat out bizarre, ump was calling a consistent plate all night than just nothing on two pretty obvious strikes

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 02:13 AM)
He almost blew it twice. Gotta love the Stealth Elf for saving the day.

Even thou Santos was hit hard on those two balls - I'll take his pitch selection and the life on his arm over Matt any day right now.

Bring it. Santos TIME!

When I saw the score I decided to watch the 9th instead of the Bulls for a minute (must be a glutton for punishment). That was a heck of a wave and was the second time all year I've actually gotten into a game. Well done Lillibridge.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
The fire

I thought they ruled that a non-catch after Lillibridge pounded the ground. It was pretty close to hitting the ground, that's for sure. I thought it was a sure hit when it left Cano's bat.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
They still need to hit he f'ing ball.

They didn't score many runs, but I will gladly take 10 hits. Yet another sign of progress.

This was easily the best win of the year. Great pitching performance from Floyd, clutch hitting, and the defense actually making a few plays behind the relievers opposed to messing up easy outs. If ever there was a game that was going to start something, it was this one.

(I've also never seen Quentin show as much emotion as he did in the dugout after Konerko's homer...that was sweet)