"Mayday, Mayday" 5/1 Gamethread

clyons

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
You know who I feel sorry for. Brooks who has to market this. The worst scenario must of been a slowstart. I don't think anyone had forecast a disastrous start.

After last year, I think a lot of people forecast a disastrous start.

Anyone else think Ozzie should have left a few more lefties in the lineup given this kids repertoire and the stats after his first five starts?

He looks a lot more comfortable pitching to the the RHers than he does the lefty. And the lefty is Juan Pierre. Just a thought.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 1, 2011 -> 07:58 PM)
Ugh...words can't express how frustrating this is.

Can't keep waiting around hoping for 3 run homer against Britton and his super sinker. With Pierre getting on to lead off twice, I'm stunned they didn't put a play on. I can't recall more than one hit and run attempt all season.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)
Anyone else think Ozzie should have left a few more lefties in the lineup given this kids repertoire and the stats after his first five starts?

He looks a lot more comfortable pitching to the the RHers than he does the lefty. And the lefty is Juan Pierre. Just a thought.

The manager thinks that handness matters in the traditional sense.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ May 1, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)

Good call, just looked up his stats...you're absolutely correct. Something to consider though is that Teahen and Dunn look lost against LHP this year, and AJP is going to get the day off after a night game.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
Gavin is gonna have to go complete game shutout to give us a CHANCE.

Are you always this bipolar? You might be my new favorite poster. New is all relative for me as well, given I have no idea how long you've actually been around the ol' Soxtalk.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
Are you always this bipolar? You might be my new favorite poster. New is all relative for me as well, given I have no idea how long you've actually been around the ol' Soxtalk.

My year anniversary was friday night :gosoxretro: