MENTALLY WEAK

Bmr31

Does it really matter? This is what the Sox do. They make it "interesting".

Yeah it matters. Playoff teams dont f*** up all the time. Add to that, it was when the game was on the line, which makes it worse. It matters A LOT.

Yeah it matters.  Playoff teams dont f*** up all the time.  Add to that, it was when the game was on the line, which makes it worse.  It matters A LOT.

Relax. A win is a win. We gained a game on the Royals. You sound like that KC writer that tried to make light of the sweep by saying KC showed heart by getting an infield single. We beat KC and gained a game, that's all that matters.

Relax. A win is a win. We gained a game on the Royals. You sound like that KC writer that tried to make light of the sweep by saying KC showed heart by getting an infield single. We beat KC and gained a game, that's all that matters.

I look at things deeper than wins and losses. This just doesnt look like a team that can win in the playoffs. Im happy we won the game, but theres more to it than just winning and losing.

I look at things deeper than wins and losses.  This just doesnt look like a team that can win in the playoffs.  Im happy we won the game, but theres more to it than just winning and losing.

I just hope that the team that showed up in the 12 games against the Cubs and Twinks and the 15 or so games against the DRays, Tigers, Indians, Jays, and Royals shows up and not the team we've seen in the past two nights.

I think KW now sees why we could have used another stud for the pen. I would love to have Kerry Lightenberg pitching for the Sox right now. He won't though. He'd have to clear waivers, and to put it plainly, he wouldn't clear waivers. Kelvim Escobar or Mike DeJean wouldn't be bad guys to have either. The only one that have a shot at clearing is Escobar.

I look at things deeper than wins and losses.  This just doesnt look like a team that can win in the playoffs.  Im happy we won the game, but theres more to it than just winning and losing.

I agree that this team doesn't look like a team that can win in the playoffs, but all they have to do is get there and it doesn't matter. It's a fresh start once you are there. I guess I've just become immune to the pen making it "interesting" so I don't think of it how I used to.

We did win so that's good!

We'll take it.

We need to kick their ass tomorrow with Colon.

If we win 4-0 or something all will be well in Soxdom ... til this weekend when they play the Rays and win 3 unlike us. And we play Oak and lose 2 or 3

A win is a win, and no there is nothing more to it than winning and losing. There is no trophy for second place. While an A. L. Championship is good, it really doesn't mean a whole hell of alot, it just means you were a good team.

A win is a win, and no there is nothing more to it than winning and losing.  There is no trophy for second place.  While an A. L. Championship is good, it really doesn't mean a whole hell of alot, it just means you were a good team.

Possibly the most clueless post ive ever seen at soxnet. You totally contradicted yourself within 2 or 3 sentences.

Possibly the most clueless post ive ever seen at soxnet.  You totally contradicted yourself within 2 or 3 sentences.

What part of what I said was contradictory. You look at more than winning or losing. I think there is nothing more than winning or losing. While an A.L. Championship is all well and good, it's not a World Series Championship, which is the ultimate symbol of winning. I say if these guys have to scrap out tough wins, so be it. A win is a win no matter how bad you play.

What part of what I said was contradictory.  You look at more than winning or losing.  I think there is nothing more than winning or losing.  While an A.L. Championship is all well and good, it's not a World Series Championship, which is the ultimate symbol of winning.  I say if these guys have to scrap out tough wins, so be it.  A win is a win no matter how bad you play.

False

What part of what I said was contradictory.  You look at more than winning or losing.  I think there is nothing more than winning or losing.  While an A.L. Championship is all well and good, it's not a World Series Championship, which is the ultimate symbol of winning.  I say if these guys have to scrap out tough wins, so be it.  A win is a win no matter how bad you play.

dude u can beat the tigers 10-9 and make 12 errors. That doesnt mean you can beat the yanks in game 7 of the alcs playing that way. I dont mean to be rude, but your statement is just ignorant.

dude u can beat the tigers 10-9 and make 12 errors.  That doesnt mean you can beat the yanks in game 7 of the alcs playing that way. I dont mean to be rude, but your statement is just ignorant.

Perfect

I would say winning is winning in game 7 of the world series, because who gives a s*** how you played that game

You want to be playing good baseball, win or lose

So, even if we lose...if we play well, and just get beat on that day, i don't feel as bad. Of course you don't want to lose, but according to this guy, you should just rip the team apart if they lose even if they play well, because, well, they lost and that's the bottom line

Perfect

I would say winning is winning in game 7 of the world series, because who gives a s*** how you played that game

You want to be playing good baseball, win or lose

So, even if we lose...if we play well, and just get beat on that day, i don't feel as bad. Of course you don't want to lose, but according to this guy, you should just rip the team apart if they lose even if they play well, because, well, they lost and that's the bottom line

Yeah, when the bulls played like s*** in the finals, and won, thats the only time i found it acceptable. The fact is, the only way to win consistently, is to PLAY GOOD consistently.