AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX COME BACK WINNER!!!

Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:25 AM)
TWO Series in a row! That was a VERY fun win. Jake back! Come back! Paully behind the back!!

The Sox are BACK!

Awesome win, after the sox kept pissin away opportunities early, and the angels capitalized on everything, to see that intentional walk wild pitch was unbelievable/awesome. It's a shame many probably missed this, and the Sox need to build on this.

That wild pitch on the intentional walk was hilarious.

I have never seen that before on an intentional walk in a Sox game.

Lot of heroes has to help team morale.

Omar: Big hit and sac fly.

Thornton: A save.

AJ: 4 hits.

Dunn: 4 hits including a bomb.

Paulie: Defense.

Teahen: Defense with nice scoop by Paulie.

Thank you Angels for pissing it away as well, but we've pissed away so many it was good to get one given back to Sox.

Paulie's play at the end ... wow.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 12, 2011 -> 01:13 AM)
That wild pitch on the intentional walk was hilarious.

I have never seen that before on an intentional walk in a Sox game.

Lot of heroes has to help team morale.

Omar: Big hit and sac fly.

Thornton: A save.

AJ: 4 hits.

Dunn: 4 hits including a bomb.

Paulie: Defense.

Teahen: Defense with nice scoop by Paulie.

Thank you Angels for pissing it away as well, but we've pissed away so many it was good to get one given back to Sox.

Paulie's play at the end ... wow.

Well said, I'd like to add a couple:

Serge: it's easy to omit him because he did what he's been doing all year.

Lillibridge: didn't end up needing it, but his Sac Fly was enormous, especially knowing that Santos couldn't come out to close the game.

Peavy averaged 91.35 on his Four seamer, 90.5 on his two seamer. Fastest he got on any pitch was 93.3.

I have to say that I'm impressed. He had good control, too. It's good that we have 6 starters who can give us a chance to win every game. Hopefully, Peavy keeps on progressing and he can average 92-93 on the fastball like he used to.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 12, 2011 -> 02:25 AM)
Peavy averaged 91.35 on his Four seamer, 90.5 on his two seamer. Fastest he got on any pitch was 93.3.

I have to say that I'm impressed. He had good control, too. It's good that we have 6 starters who can give us a chance to win every game. Hopefully, Peavy keeps on progressing and he can average 92-93 on the fastball like he used to.

He also had a lot of emotion out there. At first on his errant throw where that lil' grinder for the angels was running toward first on the grass (and was called out for it). Maybe I'm making too much out of it, but I loved how pissed off Jake was when they pulled him from the game due to pitch count. Probably not, but maybe he lit a fire under this team's collective behind.

Go to the game thread and check me out.....I gave up, kicked my dog and watched the Chaz documentary went to bed without a care in the world. Listened to Stern on the drive in thought...what a s***ty day this will be......I am almost thinking....no they still suck...but he day is brighter.

QUOTE (hawkubes @ May 12, 2011 -> 08:14 AM)
He also had a lot of emotion out there. At first on his errant throw where that lil' grinder for the angels was running toward first on the grass (and was called out for it). Maybe I'm making too much out of it, but I loved how pissed off Jake was when they pulled him from the game due to pitch count. Probably not, but maybe he lit a fire under this team's collective behind.

Maybe he did light the fire.

He definitely is a bulldog personality wise. He will pitch til his arm falls off that's for sure.

He's also just another starter. He's not dominant. Not a flame, he's just another guy in our rotation.

How can you say he's better than Floyd, Danks (0-6), Mark and Jackson.

I'd include Humber too. He's been really good.

Edited by greg775

Fairly stunning to me how many people hate watching the end of games. Especially in save situations. Also, is it really that hard to stay up until midnight? I get it if you have to get up before 5 am, but otherwise, a West Coast game should be pleasurable, a late night treat. Just my 3 cents.

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ May 12, 2011 -> 05:50 PM)
Fairly stunning to me how many people hate watching the end of games. Especially in save situations. Also, is it really that hard to stay up until midnight? I get it if you have to get up before 5 am, but otherwise, a West Coast game should be pleasurable, a late night treat. Just my 3 cents.

I love them. Always hated them when I was a kid though, what with my 10 o'clock bed time.