AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX COME BACK WINNER!!!

Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ May 12, 2011 -> 06:50 PM)
Fairly stunning to me how many people hate watching the end of games. Especially in save situations. Also, is it really that hard to stay up until midnight? I get it if you have to get up before 5 am, but otherwise, a West Coast game should be pleasurable, a late night treat. Just my 3 cents.

Out here on the east coast the west coast night games are hard to see through to the end sometimes, but definitely not last night.

On Tuesday, though, I couldn't stay awake and the game sucked anyway. That proved to me that the crappy start to the season has taken it's toll on me. Usually, i absolutely cannot go to sleep without knowing the outcome of a game even if it's a late west coast game that goes deep into extra innings. On Tuesday I knew we were toast by the 3rd inning and tuned out and didn't even bother to check a final score until like 10am the next morning.

Dang, I really wish tonight wasn't an off night. Hate to lose the momentum of last night.

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ May 12, 2011 -> 05:50 PM)
Fairly stunning to me how many people hate watching the end of games. Especially in save situations. Also, is it really that hard to stay up until midnight? I get it if you have to get up before 5 am, but otherwise, a West Coast game should be pleasurable, a late night treat. Just my 3 cents.

To the point of people 'hating watching the end of games'... sometimes it's not that they have given up or are tired, it's just that the stress is too much. My father is this type (and it has irked me for years)- he left the room during the '05 Illinois/Arizona Elite 8 game, missed the 'Bush Push' in the '07 ND/usc game, left at the end of the Texas/usc championship game, game 2 of the WS, and it goes on. Beyond my father, I have a couple friends that just get too stressed to watch something that they are so invested in. I don't get it myself (hell, I watched every game of the '07 season on Gametracker because I didn't have tv but couldn't miss a minute) but I do get that some people are just wired that way.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ May 13, 2011 -> 03:49 AM)
To the point of people 'hating watching the end of games'... sometimes it's not that they have given up or are tired, it's just that the stress is too much. My father is this type (and it has irked me for years)- he left the room during the '05 Illinois/Arizona Elite 8 game, missed the 'Bush Push' in the '07 ND/usc game, left at the end of the Texas/usc championship game, game 2 of the WS, and it goes on. Beyond my father, I have a couple friends that just get too stressed to watch something that they are so invested in. I don't get it myself (hell, I watched every game of the '07 season on Gametracker because I didn't have tv but couldn't miss a minute) but I do get that some people are just wired that way.

If I ever feel that way I just pinch myself and tell myself to watch the f***ing game.

I was worried of course in the 05 postseason but watched every out of every playoff/WS game.

Yes if we would have lost those close games against the Stros it would have sucked. But we won 'em.

Might as well watch it all.

Sometimes I feel like turning regular season games off on my mlb.com but only do when my computer gets hot.

Question for any computer whizzes...

When I use my work laptop and watch the Sox, the laptop gets real hot and even hums a bit. I tend to turn it off between innings when that happens and after the commercial it makes it thru the next half inning fine then starts humming and gets hot again.

Is the humming just the machine cooling it down? Can I keep watching inning after inning with no cares? Or is it telling me it's going to fry?

The laptop I have at home doesn't hum or get hot at all.Thank you. Question has been on my mind.

I feel like if you're not willing to watch us lose by one or two in the top of the 9th, you don't care enough to enjoy when we make comebacks like last night, or against Soria in KC.

My buddy and I had courtside seats for Game 4 of the Mavericks\Blazers series, and he actually got up and started walking out in the third quarter, if not for Brandon Roy's 3 to cut it to 18, he would have left. How could one live with themselves as a sports fan to leave before your team makes an historic comeback? I will have that 4th quarter for the rest of my life, and I would have never forgiven myself if I missed something like that. Just watch the games, folks. We don't have a time limit in baseball.

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ May 12, 2011 -> 06:50 PM)

West coast games are tough to stay up for when you get up at 5:45 and live on the east coast.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 13, 2011 -> 07:59 AM)
Yeah, sorry I'm not going to stay up until midnight for games when there are 162 of them.

Yeah for real. Especially when it's early May and we still have one of the worst records in baseball.

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ May 12, 2011 -> 05:50 PM)

Yeah. I'm up everyday by 6 AM. I'll try to watch the games, but it doesn't always happen, especially a regular season game. Staying up for the Hawks/Canucks playoff games drained me all week.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 12, 2011 -> 06:13 AM)
That wild pitch on the intentional walk was hilarious.

I have never seen that before on an intentional walk in a Sox game.

Lot of heroes has to help team morale.

Omar: Big hit and sac fly.

Thornton: A save.

AJ: 4 hits.

Dunn: 4 hits including a bomb.

Paulie: Defense.

Teahen: Defense with nice scoop by Paulie.

Thank you Angels for pissing it away as well, but we've pissed away so many it was good to get one given back to Sox.

Paulie's play at the end ... wow.

You said it all there my friend. That was one entertaining game and a great win

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ May 13, 2011 -> 01:53 AM)
I feel like if you're not willing to watch us lose by one or two in the top of the 9th, you don't care enough to enjoy when we make comebacks like last night, or against Soria in KC.

My buddy and I had courtside seats for Game 4 of the Mavericks\Blazers series, and he actually got up and started walking out in the third quarter, if not for Brandon Roy's 3 to cut it to 18, he would have left. How could one live with themselves as a sports fan to leave before your team makes an historic comeback? I will have that 4th quarter for the rest of my life, and I would have never forgiven myself if I missed something like that. Just watch the games, folks. We don't have a time limit in baseball.

We had Twins fans sitting behind us for the Liriano no-hitter. They left after the 6th inning. I am not kidding or exaggerating at all. Fans of the team whose starter was throwing a no-hitter left a game before the 7th inning even started.