Cuban's comments

danman31

I'm sure most of you heard that Mark Cuban said that the Kobe Bryant case was good for the NBA in a business perspective because more people will want to see how he does. I think he is right, but he didn't say it right. An ESPN poll was very even on this topic. What do you guys think?

I'm sure most of you heard that Mark Cuban said that the Kobe Bryant case was good for the NBA in a business perspective because more people will want to see how he does. I think he is right, but he didn't say it right. An ESPN poll was very even on this topic. What do you guys think?

YEAH, IT'S REALLY GOOD FOR THE NBA TO HAVE ITS BRIGHTEST STAR ACCUSED OF RAPE. WAY TO SET AN EXAMPLE FOR YOUR SPORT YOU JACKASS! PERSONALLY I THINK THIS IS A HUGE BLOW TO THE NBA'S IMAGE.

Mark Cuban was on SC with dan patrick, and he clarified what he said. He basically said it'd be good economically for the NBA early on, and that's probly true. He really didn't want to say exactly "it's great for the NBA", so i basically agree with what he said because he's stating what will likely be a fact. I understand what he means and what he wanted to say, he just did a real poor job communicating that thought.

Sadly, Cuban is very right. This case, which won't have an outcome for possibly up to a year, is going to draw attention to every Laker game, and as a result, will draw attention to the NBA as a whole. Love Kobe or hate him, there will be a curiosity from non-basketball fans, and that is good for the NBA. It's too bad that something like this has that kind of an affect, but it does.

He was right, and he made Dan Patrick look stupid. Cuban brought up how much attention ESPN was giving the story, sending Shelley Smith out there etc, and Patrick was like, "OH but we have to cover this story, it's big news, you have one of the best players in the NBA on trial for rape, the Lakers just signed Malone and Payton, they are the marquee team, people are interested in what happens." and Cuban goes "Exactly."

Patrick didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

He was right, and he made Dan Patrick look stupid. Cuban brought up how much attention ESPN was giving the story, sending Shelley Smith out there etc, and Patrick was like, "OH but we have to cover this story, it's big news, you have one of the best players in the NBA on trial for rape, the Lakers just signed Malone and Payton, they are the marquee team, people are interested in what happens." and Cuban goes "Exactly."

Ya, i saw that. I was laughing and how heated it was getting. It was basically like they were on the dan patrick radio show on espn1000. That kind of convo never goes on on SC, but i liked it for a change.

Ya, i saw that. I was laughing and how heated it was getting. It was basically like they were on the dan patrick radio show on espn1000. That kind of convo never goes on on SC, but i liked it for a change.

Yeah, the interviews on SC always suck. That was a nice change of pace. I think they let it run long too because it was good stuff.

I caught it just before I left....I thought there was going to be some vulgarities thrown out....

I'm kind of split. I see both sides of the argument. It does draw interest from non-basketball fans, but I would venture to bet that some fair-weather fans of the NBA just said "screw the NBA....one of the marquee players in the game is out raping girls, forget it."

I was going to bring up how the attendance after the ump was attacked was 8,000, but that was a totally different case in itself.