How can the White Sox possibly lose money?

caulfield12

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 03:49 PM)
i will not discuss #1 with you.... my problem with shield is his performance in the playoff. he is requesting how much and then look at his performance.......

Nobody seems to hold that against Mr. Kershaw, haha.

The Royals were smart all along to realize it would be better to go with someone with more upside and less wear and tear in Edinson Volquez. Of course, it could end up in disaster, but they do possess a lot more internal rotation options than they did 2 seasons ago, not to mention Hochevar will coming back as well as a swing man.

When a team coming out of the World Series doesn't make ANY effort to keep such an integral player to their playoff run, it does make you wonder a bit.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 10:38 PM)
Nobody seems to hold that against Mr. Kershaw, haha.

The Royals were smart all along to realize it would be better to go with someone with more upside and less wear and tear in Edinson Volquez. Of course, it could end up in disaster, but they do possess a lot more internal rotation options than they did 2 seasons ago, not to mention Hochevar will coming back as well as a swing man.

When a team coming out of the World Series doesn't make ANY effort to keep such an integral player to their playoff run, it does make you wonder a bit.

go ahead and punch holes in my post. here i am trying to be a more improve poster, a happy poster, a congenial poster, and now you are trying to antagonize me with humor.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 03:49 PM)
i will not discuss #1 with you.... my problem with shield is his performance in the playoff. he is requesting how much and then look at his performance.......

ok, let me revise my #1. spending a bunch of money on a guy who is 33 years old is inefficient, and is money poorly used.

Edited by Armchair Hahn

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 14, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)
Don't forget that the White Sox also have to pay taxes....just like any other business.

They can also depreciate the players' salaries. Or at least they used to be able to do so.