AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!

Heads22

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
Vintage Peavy. That is nice to see. I saw him even hit 95 tonight.

Stone Poney said he hit 94 in the 9th inning, at which point he had already logged in around 110 pitches. That certainly made me sit up and take notice!

Awesome performance! This can really be the start of something special.

It seems like the Royals are finally cooling off and now its time to bring Cleveland back to earth and take the Central by the horns. If the staff can stay healthy (which they have for the most part) then a few games put together like the last week or so can really change the look of things for the Sox.

Great play by Lilli... if Juan had any idea how to read a fly ball, he would have been standing underneath that ball. I'm sure Bridge will be benched though, just like Morel was.

Question though, how can you play in the MLB for so long and be as terrible as the likes of Pierre and Pods at reading fly balls?

Question though, how can you play in the MLB for so long and be as terrible as the likes of Pierre and Pods at reading fly balls?

That's a hard question to answer. Let's go multiple choice:

A: The Cell is a huge park!

B: You should insist on a "grindy" sub .350 OBP leadoff.

C: Young players have no value (see 1 - ex: B. Anderson) - Mackowiak, Erstad, Swisher, Griffey, etc. OBVIOUSLY better.

D: Ozzieball!

And, begin.

Edited by Andrew

Missed the game, but got home and saw we won 1-0. I joked that I hoped Peavy went the distance rather than came out of the game after 2 innings with an injury. So glad to see he pitched well. If he can come back from that injury and be the Peavy he used to be, that's going to be marvelous.

Missed the game, but got home and saw we won 1-0. I joked that I hoped Peavy went the distance rather than came out of the game after 2 innings with an injury. So glad to see he pitched well. If he can come back from that injury and be the Peavy he used to be, that's going to be marvelous.

Pitched well? He pitched a CG shutout on his 2nd start since his injury.

I wish you saw it - flat out awesome.

Squandering outs and offense such - you didn't miss much, my friend (as you can plainly see from the majestic "1").

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ May 19, 2011 -> 02:29 AM)

Here you go....

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?g...&mode=video

Pitched well? He pitched a CG shutout on his 2nd start since his injury.

I wish you saw it - flat out awesome.

Squandering outs and offense such - you didn't miss much, my friend (as you can plainly see from the majestic "1").

But I hear it was Pierre that scored the run and Dunn knocked him in. If I'm correct, at least that's progress! :P

WOW. He looked fabulous.

Edited by TheBigHurt

But I hear it was Pierre that scored the run and Dunn knocked him in. If I'm correct, at least that's progress! :P

Oh, what an offensive display to behold, it was. You wouldn't want kids around to see the graphic nautre of the brutality we inflicted over that....run.

Money WELL spent....WELL spent.