Royals @ Sox Game Thread- 1:05 CT

SoxFan1

Early start today, thats why I woke up early! Bart is starting for us and Kris Wilson (5-1, 4.83) for KC. Im thinking the lineup will be something like this:

Graffanino- SS

Alomar- 2B

Thomas- 1B

Maggs- RF

Rowand- CF

Konerko- DH

Lee- LF

Crede- 3B

Olivo- C

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1
Wel good morning to you too!

Im just really excited!

lol and good morning to you too... need some coffee???? :D

Btw, does anybody know if this game is going to have a "classic broadcaster"?

I know the 7pm game has Ernie Harwell, and the nightcap will feature Al Michaels, do you know who is doing the color for the sox game?

Early start today, thats why I woke up early! Bart is starting for us and Chris Wilson (5-1, 4.83) for KC. Im thinking the lineup will be something like this:

Graffanino- SS

Alomar- 2B

Thomas- 1B

Maggs- RF

Rowand- CF

Konerko- DH

Lee- LF

Crede- 3B

Olivo- C

Roberto doesn't like to play day games after night games. I'm thinking a couple of these guys have played 2 straight games. JM is going to have to give them some rest. Maybe have Harris lead off . I'd like to see Ginter in the game and Schoenweiss. Daubach should give Magglio a rest in right. Maybe they could get Danny Wright an inning or two as well. Koch should close today if the Sox have the lead. JM has to build the confidence of these 6 players. JM is a dope.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Early start today, thats why I woke up early! Bart is starting for us and Chris Wilson (5-1, 4.83) for KC. Im thinking the lineup will be something like this:

Graffanino- SS

Alomar- 2B

Thomas- 1B

Maggs- RF

Rowand- CF

Konerko- DH

Lee- LF

Crede- 3B

Olivo- C

Roberto doesn't like to play day games after night games. I'm thinking a couple of these guys have played 2 straight games. JM is going to have to give them some rest. Maybe have Harris lead off . I'd like to see Ginter in the game and Schoenweiss. Daubach should give Magglio a rest in right. Maybe they could get Danny Wright an inning or two as well. Koch should close today if the Sox have the lead. JM has to build the confidence of these 6 players. JM is a dope.

raised some good points there.......

We don't play tomorrow, that should be these guys day off. This is a huge game and we need our best team on the field. With Colon going, look for him to go deep into the game, possibly a complete one if he's got his good stuff.

lol your a bit early.... its only 10:30 am.......... :D

He's always early. I don't know why.

As for the classic broadcaster, I'm pretty sure ESPN is covering the game as a spur of the moment because it's such a big series and didn't plan for it. On BBTN they were showing the schedule of games they were showing today and they mentioned broadcasters for the other 2 games so I'm guessing they don't have one for the Sox game. Besides, who would they use?

We don't play tomorrow, that should be these guys day off.  This is a huge game and we need our best team on the field.  With Colon going, look for him to go deep into the game, possibly a complete one if he's got his good stuff.

Bingo

Day off tomorrow for everyone

We need this game, it's KC, not TB. I don't want to see sunday's white flag lineup

Guest hotsoxchick1

As for the classic broadcaster, I'm pretty sure ESPN is covering the game as a spur of the moment because it's such a big series and didn't plan for it. On BBTN they were showing the schedule of games they were showing today and they mentioned broadcasters for the other 2 games so I'm guessing they don't have one for the Sox game. Besides, who would they use?

espn???? i thought that the game was on fsn today...........with the usual hawk and dj broadcasting team....... :huh:

espn???? i thought that the game was on fsn today...........with the usual hawk and dj broadcasting team....... :huh:

ESPN will be blacked out in Chicago and shown on FSN regionally, I believe. Either way i don't get to see it unless someone calls in a bomb threat to 360 N. Michigan, there is a beer in it for you. A six pack if you don't get drunk, fight and piss off the real fans. :P

Actually, it doesnt matter what team gets what broadcatser because Ernie Harwell did a Yankee game and not the Tiggers. BTW, Im not always early! Only sometimes!

I think it is here, but in other parts of the country they will show it on ESPN

Guest hotsoxchick1

ESPN will be blacked out in Chicago and shown on FSN regionally, I believe. Either way i don't get to see it unless someone calls in a bomb threat to 360 N. Michigan, there is a beer in it for you. A six pack if you don't get drunk, fight and piss off the real fans. :P

oh ok i thought i would miss something here..... i was like espn wtf........that address is 360 n michigan.... hmmmm......on the phone now......wheres that beer.......i promise not to fight with anyone today...... :D

I know the 7pm game has Ernie Harwell, and the nightcap will feature Al Michaels, do you know who is doing the color for the sox game?

Maybe Chris Berman???

Nahhh, he doesn't want to be around us "classless" fans when he can be watching the "VERY classy" LIVE broadcast of Kobe Bryant's legal proceedings.... :rolleyes:

That's a negatory on the classic broadcaster. God I hope we don't have to listen to Suttcliffe prattle on about the energy Tony Pena has. "I mean, look at this guy and the job he's done. He's always smilin', always laughing, got a great attitude. He has really turned this team around..." :puke

ESPN's directors are so horrible too, they will show closeups of people watching the game for 20-30 seconds at a time, switching off from one to the next until they absolutely have to show the game because there's something going on.