Dodgers @ White Sox, 5/20, 7:10, CSN

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2011 -> 08:54 PM)
Correct.

Instead of the sports psychologist we should invest in a hypnotist. Zap Guillen with common sense, a love of stats, the ability to develop kids, and love for al baseball.

I will continue to say that there is something in the way Walker works with LHH as they are incapable of hitting any type of LHP.

Thome and now Dunn are easy examples.

Hopefully Walk can get to work on the three practice swing Rios and getting him hitting.......

The Sox at home swing from the heels and thus hit high fastballs and hangers in the air on the infield.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
I will continue to say that there is something in the way Walker works with LHH as they are incapable of hitting any type of LHP.

Hopefully Walk can get to work on the three practice swing Rios and getting him hitting.......

The Sox at home swing from the heels and thus hit high fastballs and hangers in the air on the infield.

Good luck with that.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 20, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)

Thome was always 150 poitns of ops worse against lhp. Even in Cleveland.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 20, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
I love watching the sox in pitching duels with hot garbage. A near 5 era in the NL and we are clinging to a 1 run lead based on beck's jack.

Be happy we have a hit against Lilly this time.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:02 PM)
I love watching the sox in pitching duels with hot garbage. A near 5 era in the NL and we are clinging to a 1 run lead based on beck's jack.

The greatest weakness to the Greg Walker offense is soft tossing lefties.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)
Thome was always 150 poitns of ops worse against lhp. Even in Cleveland.

Maybe so but when he was on the Sox any leftie would get him out rather easily and then I recall the Thorton at-bat last year.

I am sure Dunn's career average against lefties is higher than .000 and it is a small sample size but it seems like an odd coincidence

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 20, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
Maybe so but when he was on the Sox any leftie would get him out rather easily and then I recall the Thorton at-bat last year.

I am sure Dunn's career average against lefties is higher than .000 and it is a small sample size but it seems like an odd coincidence

The Thornton at bat was a complete shock. I don't think Jim hit lhp last year either.