Dodgers @ White Sox, 5/20, 7:10, CSN

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
You're acting like Thornton and Crain are on equal ground, they're clearly not, not this season. One one hand, you have a guy who hasn't given up a run in I don't know how long, on the other, you have a guy with a 6 ERA. You tell me which guy is the better choice to go to in a 1 run game.

We aren't arguing that Crain is the better pitcher. We are arguing that Ozzie made a bad decision, but if you look at the score, he didn't...

The prosecution, on the other hand, wants to play fancy woulda coulda shoulda games...something he could never prove either way.

Fact remains, we held the lead...thus it wasn't a bad decision...as there is nothing you could say to prove that the single out Thornton recorded would have been the same result with Crain. I, on the other hand, don't have to prove that we got the 3 outs we needed the way we got them...because we did. :)

The defense rests, your honor.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)
I have a feeling Thornton will be back to his old self by July. It's obvious now though that making him closer was not good for his head.

Santo, Crain and Thornton got his act together....we won't be sweating these 1 run leads.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:35 PM)
There is no instance where Thorton should be pitching over Crain right now.

Thorton should have thrown the 9th last night to get some work in

Ozzie's entire reason for going with Thornton was so that he could face two lefties, which he still fares decently against. Righties have an OPS of 1.000+ on him this year with an OBP near .500. Sure enough, Mattingly pinch hits for Gwynn and that plan pretty much goes to s***.

And Sergio finally caves. Damn it.