Who should be the 5th starter?

SoxFan1

Who should be the 5th starter for the Sox?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the 5th starter for the Sox?

• Danny Wright
    • Scott Schoeneweis
    • Neal Cotts
    • Mike Porzio
    • a 4-Man Rotation
    • Other

I say go with schoe to hopefully give you 5-6 innings when the 5 starter spot comes up for the rest of the year at first, and then move to Cotts if we want to

I'm not a fan of a pure four man rotation because the starters will be tired as hell come late september and in the playoffs, not too mention the bullpen will receive more work (like Marte needs to throw any more innings)

I say go with schoe to hopefully give you 5-6 innings when the 5 starter spot comes up for the rest of the year at first, and then move to Cotts if we want to

Scott won't be stretched in time to get that many innings. It's not a safe move to go out and let him go 3 innings and then 4 and then 5 and waste the bullpen in the making.

Scott won't be stretched in time to get that many innings. It's not a safe move to go out and let him go 3 innings and then 4 and then 5 and waste the bullpen in the making.

Ya, a lot of it depends on how stretched out he is/can get and how far he can go. Those details, i don't think anyone really knows for sure at this point.

Ya, a lot of it depends on how stretched out he is/can get and how far he can go. Those details, i don't think anyone really knows for sure at this point.

The most pitches Schow has thrown in any outing this whole year is 39. He isn't going to start in 2003. Peroid.

I'm not too against a 4 man rotation. The starters throw between starts anyway.

I also heard MB say that him, Colon and Garland are ready if they call on them to do it. He said Loaiza wasn't too big on it, but wasn't dead set against it either.

I say go for it. We're in this to wion THIS YEAR, right? Pull out all the stops!

I also heard MB say that him, Colon and Garland are ready if they call on them to do it. He said Loaiza wasn't too big on it, but wasn't dead set against it either.

I say go for it. We're in this to wion THIS YEAR, right? Pull out all the stops!

They really said that? WOW...I'm not for it though. We don't want a worn out pitching staff come playoff time...If we are to get there of course. As far as the 5th starter I picked Notts. Not because I think he's ready but he's probably by default r best option.

I don't like it.

I think the only guy that has pitched on 3-days rest in the group is Colon. Buehrle, Garland, and Loaiza have no idea what it is like.

Let's just kind of have an audition for next year. Whoever wants a spot in the rotation for next year would you please step forward. We got 4 starts left for the #5 spot, that means we can try 4 different pitchers in the #5 spot.

Not like it really matters who our #5 is for 4 starts. I figure we can give Diaz, West, Stewart, and Adkins a shot at it. Let's see what they are made of.