White Sox Winner!

Balta1701

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 21, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
Can't we just start Lillibridge everyday already instead of Pierre??? Cmon Oz wake up

You really think that's just Ozzie's call? Isn't that a $5M decision? Once you go there, you go there. Better be certain.

If Ozzie doesn't let Lillibridge take J. P.'s leadoff spot, I give up on him as the manager. This kid has earned more playing time, and Pierre should have done enough to play himself off this team. How long does a guy have to demonstrate that he's a better baseball player than a guy he should replace?

Offense, speed, defense, the kid is doing it all, and that's without regular playing time, or a regular position.

I know that he has never really shown anything until late last year, but he's not that old and has never had that much of a chance.

How can you not be a fan of a guy who's doing everything he's doing?

And while we're at it, let me fill out the lineup card for you Ozzie:

LF Lillibridge

3RD Vizquel

RF Quentin

1B Konerko

DH Dunn

SS Ramirez

C A. J.

2B Beckham

CF Rios

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Lillian @ May 21, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)
If Ozzie doesn't let Lillibridge take J. P.'s leadoff spot, I give up on him as the manager. This kid has earned more playing time, and Pierre should have done enough to play himself off this team. How long does a guy have to demonstrate that he's a better baseball player than a guy he should replace?

Offense, speed, defense, the kid is doing it all, and that's without regular playing time, or a regular position.

I know that he has never really shown anything until late last year, but he's not that old and has never had that much of a chance.

How can you not be a fan of a guy who's doing everything he's doing?

Yeah but did Lillibridge help the Marlins win the World Series a lifetime ago?

QUOTE (flavum @ May 21, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
I hate to pick on the one negative today, but I have no idea how a player as established and consistent in his career as Dunn is, can be this bad for this long.

Dude, get it going.

Dunn's only value to this team right now is his left handed "presence" in the lineup. He should never bat 3rd again until he starts hitting.

Quentin should hit 3RD and Paulie clean up, then let Dunn hit 5th to break up the rest of the right handed hitters.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 21, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
I hate to pick on the one negative today, but I have no idea how a player as established and consistent in his career as Dunn is, can be this bad for this long.

Dude, get it going.

Paulie's had really bad stretches in his career too. It happens.

They're different kind of hitters, but even with less K's Paulie has been down this road before too. In fact right around when he was the same age as Dunn too I believe.

Why does a man as big and strong as Dunn have to try to hit home runs?

Wouldn't he be better off to try to shorten his swing and just make contact more often?

As strong as he is, I'm sure that plenty of his hits would leave the park, but they can't fly out of the park if he doesn't put the bat on the ball.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 21, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
The lack of enthusiasm on this thread tells it all. Or did the end of the world happen in the USA today? I am not sure as I'm overseas. :gosoxretro:

Maybe some are being judged for all the hate and negativity directed towards other men. Hating people on your own team...thankfully the players don't feel that way.