White Sox Winner!

Balta1701

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 21, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)
Adam Dunn is like the Sox version of Kyle Korver... does one thing exceptionally well, but when he doesn't do that one thing, he's worthless and hurts the team.

Adam Dunn does three things well: take walks, hit home runs, strike out. He's doing two of those things fairly well right now. Unfortunately, the aspect he is missing is his best and most valuable attribute.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 21, 2011 -> 08:25 PM)
Adam Dunn does three things well: take walks, hit home runs, strike out. He's doing two of those things fairly well right now. Unfortunately, the aspect he is missing is his best and most valuable attribute.

The whole idea of his strikeouts not mattering is based on the fact that when he hits the ball he hits it really, really f***ing hard. But... he has to... hit... the ball...

I haven't watched a game on TV in a while, I didn't know fans were booing him and yelling "YOU SUCK" after every at-bat. A shame, because his golden sombrero was the only glaring negative in the lineup today.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 21, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)
The whole idea of his strikeouts not mattering is based on the fact that when he hits the ball he hits it really, really f***ing hard. But... he has to... hit... the ball...

I haven't watched a game on TV in a while, I didn't know fans were booing him and yelling "YOU SUCK" after every at-bat. A shame, because his golden sombrero was the only glaring negative in the lineup today.

With the amount of money Dunn is being paid with the fact he is out of shape, and might be the worst offensive player in baseball thus far, he should get booed until he gets his s*** together.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 22, 2011 -> 01:25 AM)

It's amazing Brent L. has as many home runs as Dunn. That is incomprehensible. Dunn should be really embarrassed that he's been this bad.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 21, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
It's amazing Brent L. has as many home runs as Dunn. That is incomprehensible. Dunn should be really embarrassed that he's been this bad.

I would almost guarantee that Dunn is embarrassed about that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 22, 2011 -> 03:21 AM)
I would almost guarantee that Dunn is embarrassed about that.

I agree. It is almost imcomprehensible that he would or could be this bad. I feel sorry for him as you know he is a proud fellow as all ballplayers most likely are. They want to suceed. He was to contribute. $ k's today and what was it 2 or 3 K's yesterday. The man looked lost at the plate. He has got to be better than this. He has to be !

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 22, 2011 -> 02:58 AM)
I agree. It is almost imcomprehensible that he would or could be this bad. I feel sorry for him as you know he is a proud fellow as all ballplayers most likely are. They want to suceed. He was to contribute. $ k's today and what was it 2 or 3 K's yesterday. The man looked lost at the plate. He has got to be better than this. He has to be !

I feel sorry for him as well. I don't like him resembling the worst baseball player in humankind. I hope to hell he goes nuts in June and July. If he could whack 10 homers each month that would greatly help the Sox make something of this pathetic, noncontending season (so far). I'm sure he's trying. But at some point he has to expect to be bashed ad nauseum as he is making people sick who watch him bat.

No hits against lefties? My god, most pitchers would have a hit against lefties in 30 at bats.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 22, 2011 -> 06:06 AM)
I was there, drunk as a bastard. Adam Dunn heard it from me today thats for sure.

When you booed him did you get any dirty looks from fans? Or is it consensus.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 21, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
With the amount of money Dunn is being paid with the fact he is out of shape, and might be the worst offensive player in baseball thus far, he should get booed until he gets his s*** together.

Adam Dunn is a f***ing square, so you should probably "shape" him up and get him into the proper "form" so he can do his normal home run stuff. Perhaps that's a triangle or the even more rare heptagon.

Oh, and if you think Dunn even "might" be the worst offensive player in baseball, I would also "guess" that you haven't been "watching" the Chicago "White" Sox play baseball because "Juan" Pierre has been the worst "offensive" player in the "entire" game. He "is" so f***ing bad that "I" would be a better "player" than he would "be" by standing at the plate and going all "Eddie" Gaedel.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 22, 2011 -> 05:47 AM)
Adam Dunn is a f***ing square, so you should probably "shape" him up and get him into the proper "form" so he can do his normal home run stuff. Perhaps that's a triangle or the even more rare heptagon.

Oh, and if you think Dunn even "might" be the worst offensive player in baseball, I would also "guess" that you haven't been "watching" the Chicago "White" Sox play baseball because "Juan" Pierre has been the worst "offensive" player in the "entire" game. He "is" so f***ing bad that "I" would be a better "player" than he would "be" by standing at the plate and going all "Eddie" Gaedel.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 21, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
I think it's less than $4M now that we've played almost 2 months.

Not even that. Sox owe him $4M regardless of whether he plays. That should not factor into his playing time (I'm sure it does, but it shouldn't).

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 21, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)

.....And, we didn't give up a #1 draft pick for BL.

I've been quietly supportive of Adam Dunn all season, maybe even an apologist. But he just looks completely lost at the plate right now. It seems like once he gets two strikes on him (which happens quickly) he's almost a shoe in to strike out. I don't know if I'd boo him yet, but I wouldn't disagree with those that do.

It's particularly disturbing that the part-time playing, slight Lillibridge has as many HRs as Dunn. And I wouldn't be surprised if he passes Dunn soon. Provided Ozzie does the right thing and keeps Lillibomb playing.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 22, 2011 -> 06:47 AM)

I would guess you haven't watched any games lately because thanks to Juan's little "hot streak" this past week, he might have passed up Dunn on the list of who sucks more. But hey, right now we got 3 really short midgets in Dunn, Juan, and Rios. What's the point of arguing who is the tallest, they all f***ing suck right now.

But hey, I don't know who pissed in your cheerios but don't f***ing come at me like I'm a little boy and you are the grand wizard of baseball.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 22, 2011 -> 06:28 PM)
I would guess you haven't watched any games lately because thanks to Juan's little "hot streak" this past week, he might have passed up Dunn on the list of who sucks more. But hey, right now we got 3 really short midgets in Dunn, Juan, and Rios. What's the point of arguing who is the tallest, they all f***ing suck right now.

But hey, I don't know who pissed in your cheerios but don't f***ing come at me like I'm a little boy and you are the grand wizard of baseball.

You have been back posting for days, and already this?

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 22, 2011 -> 06:28 PM)

Compared to you... I would think that's an accurate description actually.