Yet another White Sox Winner thread!

Balta1701

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Indians winning three more this weekend, these last two were large wins for the Sox.

Depending on what happens from here to the end of interleague play on July 3rd, we could be looking at some crazy division/wildcard races in the second half. Nobody in the league is running away with anything so far...well, except the Indians.

Hopefully the Sox have a nice, solid 6-4 or better road trip with no games handed over on a silver platter.

This is a big road trip. To me we're really going to see what we're made of on this trip as Texas has never been an easy place for us to play the last few years as well as Toronto. And of course Boston is never easy although we tend to play ok in that ballpark. The bottom line is our pen is settling down, our starters are starting to find their groove and this team is finally starting to hit and if we're not able to kick some a** here then we're not going anywhere this year...

What? You mean to tell me that because the Sox were horrible through the beginning of May that you can't just extrapolate that level of play through the remainder of the season?

This team is actually capable of playing good ball and winning over an extended period of time?

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 22, 2011 -> 06:23 PM)
What? You mean to tell me that because the Sox were horrible through the beginning of May that you can't just extrapolate that level of play through the remainder of the season?

This team is actually capable of playing good ball and winning over an extended period of time?

when they can beat the twins, and not s*** the bed in september, come let me know

meanwhile i'm gonna curb my enthusiasm, you can feel free to be giddy though

QUOTE (Real @ May 22, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)
when they can beat the twins, and not s*** the bed in september, come let me know

It sure as hell doesn't look like their going to have to beat the Twins this year, and they've handled the Indians really well thus far.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Real @ May 22, 2011 -> 06:01 PM)

I'm not trying to start s***, I am asking a genuine question...

Why the hell do you come into a thread like this to tell fans that are excited that they shouldn't be? Then tell me to come find YOU when they satisfy some criteria that you deem to be impressive enough.

Honestly, what is the thought process here?

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 22, 2011 -> 06:48 PM)
I'm not trying to start s***, I am asking a genuine question...

Why the hell do you come into a thread like this to tell fans that are excited that they shouldn't be? Then tell me to come find YOU when they satisfy some criteria that you deem to be impressive enough.

Honestly, what is the thought process here?

I have certainly noticed a "wet blanket" approach to posting from that particular individual.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 22, 2011 -> 06:23 PM)

Oh, an argument nobody ever made. Got it.

Obviously the Sox were not going to play at a .300 clip for the entirety of the season. Many of us are just concerned that they will not be able to overcome the wretched start they had (like they did last year) as they always seem to falter again in August and September (like they do almost every year).

That is the concern, and it is a very reasonable one. The fact that our manager doesn't seem to want to make any necessary changes to improve the chances of sustained success only exacerbates the situation.