Wake up, wake up, Sox win!!!

Leonard Zelig

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always great to beat a very good team on the road.

Nice job by CQ and Sergio. And Dunn hits a bomb.

If only he turns back into Dunn. That would be good.

Jake ... we hardly knew ya tonight cause of the rain.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 25, 2011 -> 03:29 AM)
Tomorrow will be a bench day, I bet.

All the guys who didn't play tonight will start.

Morel had an RBI single and Quentin performed in the 3 hole. The only rational response is to bench Morel and to drop Q back to 5th. Only way they'll learn.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 25, 2011 -> 02:51 AM)
Baseball should really just stop keeping track of that statistic.

that's true. Winning means nothing in baseball. The teams with the best OPS, OBP, strikeouts and UZR make the playoffs.

It saddens me... after the Bulls ended, I checked the Sox, saw the delay was still on, went to the game thread and people were talking about the park being evacuated and the game being called. Wake up to find I missed a heck of a finish.

Go Sox.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2011 -> 08:02 AM)
Morel had an RBI single and Quentin performed in the 3 hole. The only rational response is to bench Morel and to drop Q back to 5th. Only way they'll learn.

Morels RBI single was a thing of beauty BTW. First pitch laced through a drawn in infield? Thats veteran s*** right there.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:20 AM)
It saddens me... after the Bulls ended, I checked the Sox, saw the delay was still on, went to the game thread and people were talking about the park being evacuated and the game being called. Wake up to find I missed a heck of a finish.

Go Sox.

I thought there was no way this was getting played either. Glad to see the W for sure.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:09 AM)
that's true. Winning means nothing in baseball. The teams with the best OPS, OBP, strikeouts and UZR make the playoffs.

He's talking about pitcher wins. And I don't care how anti-saber you are, pitchers wins is a dumb statistic. Made a little more sense 70 years ago when pitchers actually pitched compete games. The only thing good about pitcher wins is that it's probably going to make Danks more affordable for us to retain, since he's 0-7 with only two bad outings.

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ May 25, 2011 -> 02:43 AM)
And lol at Tony Pena getting the win.

He gets the win simply because he blew the 2-run lead, nice work.

Great win Sox, great job by the bullpen too, they gave up 4 runs, but they still held off a potent offense long enough, and everyone contributed.

Oh, and TCQ is back!