Wake up, wake up, Sox win!!!

Leonard Zelig

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 25, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
Jackson will have a great game and then a game where the team has no chance. It sort of evens out to make the overall numbers look pretty decent (Javier Vazquez syndrome). Look at Kalapse's post in the Catch-All regarding Danks and it'll explain what he's done in greater detail.

Although I'm sure you already knew the answer to this. You just seem to pop up with random comments to my posts for which you already know the answer/response.

If you want to tlak about a guy suffering from Javy Vazquez syndrome you should see Danks's numbers in the 6th inning

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 25, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
Jackson will have a great game and then a game where the team has no chance. It sort of evens out to make the overall numbers look pretty decent (Javier Vazquez syndrome). Look at Kalapse's post in the Catch-All regarding Danks and it'll explain what he's done in greater detail.

Although I'm sure you already knew the answer to this. You just seem to pop up with random comments to my posts for which you already know the answer/response.

Look at their stats, and tell me how one appears to have laughably outpitched the other. I will look for Kalapse's post on that.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 25, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
Look at their stats, and tell me how one appears to have laughably outpitched the other. I will look for Kalapse's post on that.

You know the stats don't always tell the whole story. And I'm sure you know that Danks has been better than Jackson. OK, I shouldn't have used the word "laughably," but we all know that he's been better. Jackson could give you a stellar performance, or he can put the game out of reach in the first two innings.

Even if their stats are pretty similar this season, Danks has a track record of being a very good pitcher while Edwin doesn't. To me this isn't a very hard decision and would have already been made if it wasn't for Edwin's contract.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 25, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
Even if their stats are pretty similar this season, Danks has a track record of being a very good pitcher while Edwin doesn't. To me this isn't a very hard decision and would have already been made if it wasn't for Edwin's contract.

I was purposely avoiding that aspect of the argument since I've also argued that Pierre needs to go despite his career numbers. Of course there are other factors such as age and diminishing skill sets that would still favor Danks and work against Pierre, but I didn't even want to open that can of worms.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 25, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)

Milkman, if you are going to be the most over the top outspoken poster, you should expect people to respond to your posts. Unless you just like to hear yourself talk, in that case I will stop commenting.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 25, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
Milkman, if you are going to be the most over the top outspoken poster, you should expect people to respond to your posts. Unless you just like to hear yourself talk, in that case I will stop commenting.

The thing is that you normally ask a question you already know the answer to, such as in this thread, in order to nitpick a very small aspect of the post. Today it was probably the fact that I said it was "laughable" instead of "obvious to all of us that watch every game."

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ May 25, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
This. Infante, or somebody, needs to be ready soon.

How long will it be before we go back to 5 starters, putting one of the six in the pen? Will it be the beginning of June that was semi-promised? Not too sure, but at that time, Pena's role will be really redundant and unnecessary. Hopefully, that will mark the end of TPain's reign of suck on the Southside.

The Sox never DFAed Linebrink. They won't do it to Pena.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:14 PM)
The traded him and picked up a chunk of his salary. That is pretty much the same thing. They paid him to go away either way.

Yes but it's not the same.

A lot of people on Soxtalk want to DFA Pierre, Pena. How often does that happen when a guy is making good money?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:00 AM)
I don't know what to make of Tony Pena. He threw two nice innings last week but then turns around and gives up runs in less than an inning and we almost blow this game with Texas.

This is the same Pena we have seen for a few years. When will that experiment end?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 25, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
Yes but it's not the same.

A lot of people on Soxtalk want to DFA Pierre, Pena. How often does that happen when a guy is making good money?

Actually, pretty often, especially when a player is in the last year of their deal.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 25, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
Last night's win was good; today's loss mega bad.

1-2 in Texas is the best we could reasonably expect, however, considering the teams we are talking about.

Really, we played better than 1-2.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 25, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)
Maybe, but the Sox aren't going to go to Texas and win two of three. Not this year. They'll find a way to f*** it up.

Just like there is no way this team would win 2 of 4 in New York. Or 2 of 3 in Oakland (The Horror!) Or 2 of 3 on the other West Coast stops. They'll find a way to f*** it up.