Wake up, wake up, Sox win!!!

Leonard Zelig

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rios with a nice game and Ohman looked good as well.

Pena is absolutly worthless. The Rangers were taking batting practice against him. Those were the situations Gray held his own in. The Sox are lucky nobody was killed, literally, that inning.

Hawk's head would have exploded if Hamilton scored on that good awful call at third in the 8th. That was NBA bad.

Sergio looked really good, Thorton and Sale.........throw strikes

Dunn worked over Arthur for a walk

Gordon..........looked bad.

The leadoff man for the Rangers was walked in the 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th I believe which made it frustrating to watch at 1:00 in the morning.

Sergio with one ofthe more odd tag plays in teh 9th but it was a very easy inning for him compared to the previous 5. The man is getting it done.

I don't know what to make of Tony Pena. He threw two nice innings last week but then turns around and gives up runs in less than an inning and we almost blow this game with Texas. Gray was the most effective of the two, but gets sent down and we lose him. Pena is the veteran and I am not sure has it what it takes anymore to be consistent from game to game as far as shutting down the opponent. Maybe as the season goes along he will find his groove becasue he can still throw 94-95 MPH

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:22 AM)
I thought there was no way this was getting played either. Glad to see the W for sure.

I thought the same. Did the grounds crew go around and scoop up all of the baseball-sized hail? Or does it melt quickly? See the images of the field covered in 'baseballs' game me the impression that this was getting called.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 25, 2011 -> 10:38 AM)
I did not stay up to watch this game, but Tony Peña needs to be designated for assignment. He brings nothing to this team, he subtracts. We have a long road ahead of us and we can't afford to let this guy cost us any games.

The only things keeping him around is his ability to throw hard and Kenny Williams' pride. We should have DFA'd him instead of Gray. We might still have D.J. Carrasco if it wasn't for Pena.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 25, 2011 -> 10:38 AM)
I did not stay up to watch this game, but Tony Peña needs to be designated for assignment. He brings nothing to this team, he subtracts. We have a long road ahead of us and we can't afford to let this guy cost us any games.

I used to not care as much because he's the last guy in the bullpen, and usually in mop-up situations. However, in games like last night and potential extra innings games, he becomes important too. If you have to throw him in there and he automatically gives up a run or two, that's gonna hurt your chances and every game matters when you are 9 games back.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)

This. Infante, or somebody, needs to be ready soon.

How long will it be before we go back to 5 starters, putting one of the six in the pen? Will it be the beginning of June that was semi-promised? Not too sure, but at that time, Pena's role will be really redundant and unnecessary. Hopefully, that will mark the end of TPain's reign of suck on the Southside.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ May 25, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
This. Infante, or somebody, needs to be ready soon.

How long will it be before we go back to 5 starters, putting one of the six in the pen? Will it be the beginning of June that was semi-promised? Not too sure, but at that time, Pena's role will be really redundant and unnecessary. Hopefully, that will mark the end of TPain's reign of suck on the Southside.

The Problem is...the 2 guys who have pitched themselves into a bullpen stint are Jackson and Danks, not the guy you want to pitch himself there (Humber).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:59 AM)
The Problem is...the 2 guys who have pitched themselves into a bullpen stint are Jackson and Danks, not the guy you want to pitch himself there (Humber).

No doubt, but I wouldn't mind Edwin there, if he can't go deep into games consistently. They have an interesting choice upcoming.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:09 AM)
that's true. Winning means nothing in baseball. The teams with the best OPS, OBP, strikeouts and UZR make the playoffs.

Not actual wins. Wins for pitchers.

Tony Pena should not have won that game, whatever that really means. Carlos Quentin should get the win for last night's game.

Honestly, if you want to keep track of wins of some type, what they should start doing is giving wins and losses out to all players based on WPA, both positive and negative. Those with the largest WPA for the winning team will be given a win and those with the largest negative WPA for the losing team will be credited with the loss. You keep track of every time a player has a WPA added of 0.25 and 0.5. It'd be awesome.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2011 -> 10:59 AM)

I certainly don't think Danks has pitched himself into the bullpen. I find that quite laughable, to be honest. What's the problem with putting Jackson in the bullpen? He's hurting us the most as a starter and they cannot get rid of his contract (they certainly won't drop him from the team). If they can get something for him, they probably should. Otherwise, I think he can actually work out decently in the bullpen. He's got the stuff to just let loose for an inning or two. He certainly couldn't be much worse than Peña.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 25, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
I certainly don't think Danks has pitched himself into the bullpen. I find that quite laughable, to be honest. What's the problem with putting Jackson in the bullpen? He's hurting us the most as a starter and they cannot get rid of his contract (they certainly won't drop him from the team). If they can get something for him, they probably should. Otherwise, I think he can actually work out decently in the bullpen. He's got the stuff to just let loose for an inning or two. He certainly couldn't be much worse than Peña.

The problem with putting Jackson in the bullpen is having someone actually make the decision to put Jackson in the bullpen.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 25, 2011 -> 01:23 PM)

Why do you think he has pitched worse than Danks? Their numbers are very similar except for the records.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
The problem with putting Jackson in the bullpen is having someone actually make the decision to put Jackson in the bullpen.

Oh yes lol, I completely agree. If Williams refuses to DFA Peña due to pride (yes, just my opinion), there's no way he's going to allow Jackson to be sent to the bullpen.

It'll be Humber. As undeserved and retarded as it'd be, it'll be Humber.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 25, 2011 -> 01:27 PM)
Why do you think he has pitched worse than Danks? Their numbers are very similar except for the records.

Jackson will have a great game and then a game where the team has no chance. It sort of evens out to make the overall numbers look pretty decent (Javier Vazquez syndrome). Look at Kalapse's post in the Catch-All regarding Danks and it'll explain what he's done in greater detail.

Although I'm sure you already knew the answer to this. You just seem to pop up with random comments to my posts for which you already know the answer/response.