6 man rotation

Lemon_44

I think there are two reasons Danks doesn't go to the bullpen. First, the Sox either want to re-sign him or trade for solid minor leaguers. Putting him in the bullpen doesn't help in either endeavor. And second, there isn't anyway, the Sox are going to carry four lefties in the bullpen.

Jackson is the guy who goes, I am pretty confident in that. Thank god Humber pitched well again.

Edited by maggsmaggs

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 08:55 AM)
I think there are two reasons Danks doesn't go to the bullpen. First, the Sox either want to re-sign him or trade for solid minor leaguers. Putting him in the bullpen doesn't help in either endeavor. And second, there isn't anyway, the Sox are going to carry four lefties in the bullpen.

Jackson is the guy who goes, I am pretty confident in that. Thank god Humber pitched well again.

Danks is the best pitcher on the team, he's not going anywhere near the 'pen. Sox should wait for Edwin Jackson to have a couple decent starts and look to unload him for an outfielder that can hit. If the Yankees would consider it, a Jackson-Gardner or Jackson-Granderson deal would be sweet. We've always got Sale as an insurance policy for Peavy.

QUOTE (Special K @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 10:01 AM)
Danks is the best pitcher on the team, he's not going anywhere near the 'pen. Sox should wait for Edwin Jackson to have a couple decent starts and look to unload him for an outfielder that can hit. If the Yankees would consider it, a Jackson-Gardner or Jackson-Granderson deal would be sweet. We've always got Sale as an insurance policy for Peavy.

Chris Sale right now is NOT an insurance policy for Peavy. If you trade a starter, your insurance policy for Peavy is Jeffrey Marquez.

It'd take Sale 1-2 months to build up to being a 6 inning+ starter.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)
Chris Sale right now is NOT an insurance policy for Peavy. If you trade a starter, your insurance policy for Peavy is Jeffrey Marquez.

It'd take Sale 1-2 months to build up to being a 6 inning+ starter.

Yes, it would take a while to convert Sale. In any event, this is what should be done.