Lilly flower

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 12:04 AM)
Lillibridge has always had very quick hands and bat speed which allowed him to generate good power. The problem was his swing was very long and he had a pretty poor eye.

That's a good post. I was wondering how the hell he hits for such power. The man shoulda had 2 homers today.

This guy is a better power hitter than Dunn. He HAS to start over Rios right now. Lilly is stroking the baseball. Or just keep moving him around.

CF 3 days a week and give CQ a rest in right one day, give somebody a rest at third one day.

This man should be playing a lot at least until this hot streak ends. He can hit and hit with power somehow.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)
That's a good post. I was wondering how the hell he hits for such power. The man shoulda had 2 homers today.

This guy is a better power hitter than Dunn. He HAS to start over Rios right now. Lilly is stroking the baseball. Or just keep moving him around.

CF 3 days a week and give CQ a rest in right one day, give somebody a rest at third one day.

This man should be playing a lot at least until this hot streak ends. He can hit and hit with power somehow.

You forgot "at the moment." after Dunn.

I'd like to leave rios out there most days. Rios is still playing great D and lilly looks shakey out there. He has been making most of the plays, but his D doesn't inspire confidence. I'd Bench Dunn twice as often instead.

So maybe Carlos rests one day a week, Rios two, and Dunn three. Lilly flower gets one day off. It'll never happen, but I can dream.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
Uhm...of course he is. Ozzie is too loyal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 02:28 AM)
Howsabout some credit for Ozzie for getting Lilli into the perfect match ups? Nah.

Funny that Walker and Ozzie never get any credit (from some posters) for anything. I don't think Ozzie would praise Walker in this regard if he didn't believe it. Ozzie doesn't shy from speaking his mind.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
Howsabout some credit for Ozzie for getting Lilli into the perfect match ups? Nah.

Huh? I'm saying that of course Ozzie is going to say that Walker is the reason for Lillibridge's success, because Ozzie always sticks up for his coaches and gives them credit for anything he can. He is not going to say "Nah, Lillibridge did this himself. He just figured this on his own".

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 05:47 AM)
people will come back to earth about lillibridge if ozzie plays him everyday, there's a reason he isn't an everyday player, he will get expoooooooosed quickly

Possibly, probably, but I think Rios has been so bad that Lilly should play 3 days a week in center at least with Rios the other 3-4 and Lilly can also play another day in right and have CQ the DH when Dunn is facing a lefty. I'd let Lilly play 4-5 times a week at least while he's hot. Why not?

Rios is an automatic out and Dunn is an automatic out vs. lefties.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 12:47 AM)
people will come back to earth about lillibridge if ozzie plays him everyday, there's a reason he isn't an everyday player, he will get expoooooooosed quickly

how so?

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 12:47 AM)

I'm sad to admit I agree with you. I don't think it is any coincidence that Lilli's best streaks have come while platooning. I think he is going to be a very solid 4th OF/5th IF type of player, but not so much if he starts.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)

With so many people clamoring that moving Beckham around would hurt his bat (not to say that you are one of them, I don't know), how can it be a good idea to move Lillibridge to three positions each week? I don't see the logic behind some arguing that moving Beckham away from 2B would destroy him at the plate, yet having Lillibridge playing as a full-time player with no full-time position is a good idea.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
With so many people clamoring that moving Beckham around would hurt his bat (not to say that you are one of them, I don't know), how can it be a good idea to move Lillibridge to three positions each week? I don't see the logic behind some arguing that moving Beckham away from 2B would destroy him at the plate, yet having Lillibridge playing as a full-time player with no full-time position is a good idea.

Because Lilli has been a platoon guy for a while now while Beckham is being asked to man a certain position every day.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 08:36 AM)
I'm sad to admit I agree with you. I don't think it is any coincidence that Lilli's best streaks have come while platooning. I think he is going to be a very solid 4th OF/5th IF type of player, but not so much if he starts.

It's worth pointing out that the Stealth Elf hasn't put up extreme platoon splits this year. 1.141 OPS against RHP, .930 OPS against LHP, 3 HR against RHP, 3 HR against LHP.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 10:57 AM)
We're two months into the season, and Lillibridge has more homers than Dunn.

Adam Dunn, :crying

I'm also for The Bridge playing three times a week in CF until he he cools off.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 08:50 AM)

Any player who consistently let's his fielding affect his hitting, or vica versa, is too weak mentally to be in the Majors.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)

It seems like he's good defensively wherever they stick him, especially in the outfield. He seems well suited to move around, comfortable everywhere. I'd go for a major platoon with Rios and Pierre right now and give CQ a DH assignment once in a while over Dunn.

Considering Lillibridge can play at the very least five positions solidly (LF, CF, RF, DH and 2B) and probably two more adequately (SS/3B), there is no reason he shouldn't be starting 5 or 6 games a week until he cools off. This is true especially when our LF and CF has the worst WAR in the Majors at their positions and our DH is second to last.

Really there is no reason Lillibridge shouldn't be starting over one of Pierre/Rios everyday.