Why no changes..............Really!

Soxfest

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 29, 2011 -> 09:44 AM)
Are you really satisfied with being an 86-win ballclub when we spend way more than everyone else and play in for the most part a second-class division? He has made the playoffs twice in those seven years. 86 wins sounds nice, but when you see the full context of the 86, it loses it impressiveness and becomes just mediocre.

I will say this, his track record is at least better than KW who didn't make the playoffs the three years prior to Ozzie. So either Ozzie is no getting the best out of the clubs KW has put together, or KW is just not putting together solid, cohesive teams.

This is key. If we were in the AL east, different story. s***, if we shared a division with the Phillies/Braves or the NL central with the Cardinals, that would even be different. The Royals have been awful. The Indians have been awful outside of '01, '05 and '07. The Tigers have been mediocre to awful outside of '06/'07. And we've always had more talented teams with higher payrolls than the Twins (until last year). 2/10 is simply not getting the job done.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 29, 2011 -> 09:44 AM)
Are you really satisfied with being an 86-win ballclub when we spend way more than everyone else and play in for the most part a second-class division? He has made the playoffs twice in those seven years. 86 wins sounds nice, but when you see the full context of the 86, it loses it impressiveness and becomes just mediocre.

Well the point is things could be a lot worse..

Would you be more satisfied with 86 wins a season, or if we had a losing record every year? At least for the most part, we've been in the playoff race every year..

QUOTE (T R U @ May 29, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)

Would you be more satisfied with 86 wins a season, or if we had a losing record every year? At least for the most part, we've been in the playoff race every year..

But my point is things should be a hell of a lot better.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 29, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)

In a absolute horses*** division. :gosox1:

I guess Management is completely satisfied with and 82-80, 83-79 season cause thats what's coming this year (just like almost EVERY YEAR)

Cali, if this crap keeps up I think you are being way too generous with that prediction.

Not really. they've been pretty consistently mediocre for 10+ years. Sans the '00, '05, '08 titles and horrendous '07, it's been right at or just barely above .500 every year.

There's no reason this wont be different. They'll have a nice run vs. the NL, the bats will get warm when they weather does. The pitching will, of course stink once the O gets better. They'll get maybe within 5 games of first and s*** the bed in August and September and finish just a crack above .500

Which I guess means EVERY ONE KEEPS THEIR JOBS! Yay!

"They'll only remember the 2005 team in 2020 when we come here in a wheelchair," Guillen said. "Oh yeah, thank you. As soon as you leave the ballpark, they don’t care about you any more. They don’t. The monuments, the statues they have for you, they (urinate) on it when they are drunk. That’s what they do. Thank you for coming for 30 minutes for all the suffering you did all your life, day in and day out.

Well Guillen is back to insulting the fans.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
Well Guillen is back to insulting the fans.

What suffering, exactly? Earning those millions of dollars throwing a ball realllllly fast? They're playing a damn game, and I'll criticize them as I see fit when it's warranted.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 29, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
Words can't describe my hatred for Ozzie Guillen.

Ozzie = 1992 Mike Ditka

Time to move on as he's definitely outstayed his welcome. Thanks for that one great season a long time ago and good luck wherever the f*** you wind up. Please take Cora and Walker with you.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 29, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
Why should JR care what White sox fans think? After all, these are the people that urinate on statues and don't appreciate 2005 according to Ozzie. And I'm sure JR values Ozzie much more than he values his paying customers.

Then JR can enjoy his 75 year old ass looking at empty seats rest of the year.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 29, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
But my point is things should be a hell of a lot better.

So we should be avg 95 wins a season?

No one does that.

And yes, this season SHOULD be a lot better.. but some of our key pieces have decided to disappear..

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 28, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
I rarely chime in on threads like this because most of the time they strike me as reactionary.

However, I have to admit, this coaching staff, with the possible exception of Don Cooper, seems incapable of maximizing the resources Kenny provides them with in a race against other competitors much shorter on those same resources.

Ozzie, I love ya man, but you're not getting it done anymore.

Promote Cooper to interim manager.

Why should Cooper get a free pass? You could probably make a case there has been just as much regression under him.

How many games have the pen blown this year? Outside of Crain who came from another organization and Santos, who has gotten better? That one pitch pitcher named Thornton who they believed could close cost them a few games.

Cooper's the first guy on the team that starts blaming fans.

I think the changes need to also start deeper in the organization. Scouting, development doesn't seem to be getting it done.

Change for change sake is what you will get for now. The problems will remain under different names.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 29, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
I guess Management is completely satisfied with and 82-80, 83-79 season cause thats what's coming this year (just like almost EVERY YEAR)

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 29, 2011 -> 08:53 PM)
Words can't describe my hatred for Ozzie Guillen.

a.) That would be a pretty good season with this collection of stiffs.

b.) Wow. You HATE Ozzie Guillen? How can you hate Ozzie Guillen?

So what if he rips the fans? He said said this ... ""I wish I don’t feel any thing for this game. I wish I didn’t care about the White Sox. what the general manager, fans, media thinks. I wish I could say, '(bleep), I don’t give a (bleep). I can’t. I try to put it in my mind that I don’t, but I can't because I love baseball, I love this organization and this is a job I want to do. I’d be lying to myself. I do care about this (stuff). I have a contract for next year. I can get dressed, go home, have dinner with my wife."

At least he cares. Does Adam Dunn care? If so, why is he overweight? Does Alex Rios care? If so, why does he suck despite what everybody seems to think is great ability?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 29, 2011 -> 06:39 PM)
Why should Cooper get a free pass? You could probably make a case there has been just as much regression under him.

How many games have the pen blown this year? Outside of Crain who came from another organization and Santos, who has gotten better? That one pitch pitcher named Thornton who they believed could close cost them a few games.

Cooper's the first guy on the team that starts blaming fans.

I think the changes need to also start deeper in the organization. Scouting, development doesn't seem to be getting it done.

Change for change sake is what you will get for now. The problems will remain under different names.

The jury is still out on Humber (I think he's going to fall and he's going to fall hard before the season is over), but for the time being, you have to give him some credit there. But then what about Jackson? What about Pena? These are guys Coop wanted. How come Nick Masset has been so solid with the Reds, yet he couldn't do s*** here? Why was there such a gross miscalculation on Dan Hudson? Why has Danks and Thornton regressed so much? Coop is not as bad as Walker. Not even close. But he's kinda lost that 'magic' he supposedly had 3-4 years ago.