Sox vs BoSox Game Thread 6-1-11

Soxfest

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
So people are seriously complaining about a hitter taking a walk to load the bases with only 1 out in an inning? Dunn has been beyond awful this year but complaining about him taking a walk in that situation is absurd.

Yes I am complaining. I don't think his 4 HRs and 8 RBIs are worth the huge contract he received. I want to occasionally see him knock a run in or two.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
Yes I am complaining. I don't think his 4 HRs and 8 RBIs are worth the huge contract he received. I want to occasionally see him knock a run in or two.

I wanted to challenge you with the same point...but frankly, yeah, you're right, at some point he needs to do something.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
So people are seriously complaining about a hitter taking a walk to load the bases with only 1 out in an inning? Dunn has been beyond awful this year but complaining about him taking a walk in that situation is absurd.

A walk is great.

I think we're just lamenting the fact he has sucked big time this season.

His home run totals are embarrassing for a big lug like him.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)

I don't get it either

Not sure I understand all the Pierre hate right now..

Lets see, over the last month, he is at .286 with a .365 OBP..

Not groundbreaking, but CERTAINLY not deserving of all the venom from people. If you want "s***ty performances for the month of May", then look no farther than #32:

.204/.356

Just sayin'...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)
A walk is great.

I think we're just lamenting the fact he has sucked big time this season.

His home run totals are embarrassing for a big lug like him.

Agreed, I wasn't complaining about that situation per se...more his mental state. In that situation we should be thankful that the pitcher walked him and he didn't K or hit into DP.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 08:56 PM)
Not sure I understand all the Pierre hate right now..

Lets see, over the last month, he is at .286 with a .365 OBP..

Not groundbreaking, but CERTAINLY not deserving of all the venom from people. If you want "s***ty performances for the month of May", then look no farther than #32:

.204/.356

Just sayin'...

Some people will never forgive him for dropping those fly balls early in the season.

Also people hate his weak singles and weak arm.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
Yes Matt and many Sox fans don't mind the s***tiness of Rios and Dunn?

I'm pretty sure everyone is pissed about Rios and Dunn. Where in the f*** have you been and what the f*** are you talking about? Are you on drugs today? You really think people aren't complaining about Rios and Dunn? The Official "Alex Rios Sucks" Thread got 230 replies for f***s sake.

Wake up.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
I'm pretty sure everyone is pissed about Rios and Dunn. Where in the f*** have you been and what the f*** are you talking about? Are you on drugs today? You really think people aren't complaining about Rios and Dunn? The Official "Alex Rios Sucks" Thread got 230 replies for f***s sake.

Wake up.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
Is Jesse still unavailable?

From todays Trib

Right spot

Jesse Crain, who left Monday’s game after getting struck by a batted ball, had a softball-sized mark above his right hip but was OK, he said.

“Hit me in the right spot,’’ Crain said.

Guillen kept him out of Tuesday’s game because of his busy recent workload.