Sox vs BoSox Game Thread 6-1-11

Soxfest

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
On Prime 9 they are ranking all time DH's. Frank is #2, Edgar #1. I'd switch those two.

It must only be because Frank played so much 1b early on in his career. Obviously he's the better player.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
No reason to move Gavin Floyd anywhere. He has done his job this year, just having a tough outing so far today. I can live with that.

Thank you. Dude has been consistently one of our best pitchers since coming to Chicago and has done nothing but produce this year. Talk about overreact (a lot of you).

Not you Cap :)

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 06:34 PM)
How blind is management that they won't give him more opportunities?

He's definitely a 20-20 caliber player with what he's showing this season. I'm actually optimistic when he's up, which is a far cry from the feeling of doom with Rios and Dunn.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
Omar's in a huge funk. Morel seems like he could have a good chance to hit the knuckler, but Omar's had a lot of success against Wakefield.

Short guys don't get into funks.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)
Dunn is 7-46, no homers with RISP

Historically he's a worse hitter with runners on. Why? Because quite frankly in high leverage situations he's just not very good (cause he has a majorly flawed swing and he's going to struggle even more when pitcher X is more focused due to the situation, e.g., runners on).

Dunn is the definition of a mistake hitter. Dude has made his career hitting jacks in low leverage situations against mediocre pitching. Put him up against good pitching and he'll get PWNED (as do many players, but he'll get PWNED more due to the huge flaw in his game).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 07:32 PM)
Dunn is 7-46, no homers with RISP

This is so troubling in so many different ways I can't even begin to talk about it. I don't know if there is any explanation do you? Does anyone?

Edited by elrockinMT