Sox vs BoSox Game Thread 6-1-11

Soxfest

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lillibridge has been killing the baseball, and it's gone on far too long for it to be just a mirage. Oz needs to keep him in the lineup. Letting Rios play and trying to get him out of his slump is hurting the team too much especially when Lillibridge can mash.

Worth sharing:

By Doug Padilla

BOSTON – Paul Konerko spotted a familiar face in the Fenway Park stands before Wednesday’s game, but couldn’t quite place it.

Konerko was born in Providence, R.I., and grew among a large family contingent in New England before moving to Arizona, where he finished high school, so his first instinct was that it was a distant relative.

As it turned out it was his fourth-grade teacher.

Konerko took a few minutes to catch up, saying later that the visit took him back in time. “She looked good, just like I remember her,” he said.

Clearly pulling for the White Sox, over the hometown Red Sox, Konerko’s teacher had a White Sox logo on the front of her shirt. As she turned to head for her seat, the shirt had a No. 14 on the back with “Konerko” above it.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:07 PM)
Lillibridge has been killing the baseball, and it's gone on far too long for it to be just a mirage. Oz needs to keep him in the lineup. Letting Rios play and trying to get him out of his slump is hurting the team too much especially when Lillibridge can mash.

I am not disagreeing with you at all but why is it that so many people are behind Brent but dismiss Humber as being a fluke?

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 08:10 PM)
I am not disagreeing with you at all but why is it that so many people are behind Brent but dismiss Humber as being a fluke?

I think it is just the history. Lili has been up longer. Phil Humber is good and I am hoping he keeps it up too