Sox vs BoSox Game Thread 6-1-11

Soxfest

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
There is nothing flukish about Lillibridge's hitting. He's short with his swing this season, as he looks to be adopting Rowand's former swing.

That long swing is what held back Lilli before. The ball has jumped off of his bat when he made contact in the past. This year he is just giving himself a better chance to make contact.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
I am not disagreeing with you at all but why is it that so many people are behind Brent but dismiss Humber as being a fluke?

I don't think anyone is calling for Lillibridge to get an extension right now and be our starting LF next season. However, he is a great bench player.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)
There is nothing flukish about Lillibridge's hitting. He's short with his swing this season, as he looks to be adopting Rowand's former swing.

I think he is the real deal

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)
I am not disagreeing with you at all but why is it that so many people are behind Brent but dismiss Humber as being a fluke?

I don't think Humber is a fluke, to be honest. If he is, so what? At this point, the Sox need to keep throwing the guys out there that help them win or give them the best chance to win, even if it means sending $8M to the bullpen (Jackson) or having your $12.5M CF on the bench (Rios).

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 08:14 PM)
I don't think anyone is calling for Lillibridge to get an extension right now and be our starting LF next season. However, he is a great bench player.

The versatility he brings is what makes him so valuable and effective

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:12 PM)
That's really cool. Love that the teacher takes pride in being able to have taught this slugger.

I'm like 95% sure that I once read that Konerko's phone number as a kid ended with these 4 digits: 2005.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
I don't think Humber is a fluke, to be honest. If he is, so what? At this point, the Sox need to keep throwing the guys out there that help them win or give them the best chance to win, even if it means sending $8M to the bullpen (Jackson) or having your $12.5M CF on the bench (Rios).

^ This

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)

We have two of the worst starters in the Majors at LF and CF. I am saying he should be starting right now, and if he keeps it up then next year.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)

I don't either and I have never been a fan of Rios.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
Rios, Dunn, Jackson and Danks should all be smart enough to keep their mouths shut if they are benched.

But my guess is they would all chirp if they were benched.

Gotta think The Chairman has to look at their numbers -- stats and payroll -- and throw up in his mouth.

Well to be fair, Jackson has already said he'd accept going to the pen and Dunn has been vocal to the media about that fact that he has sucked so far. Danks and Rios I agree with though.