40 things that will make you feel old

lostfan

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
Thankfully a bit too young for a good portion of those to have meaning with me, but it's hard to believe things like the Matrix and American Pie were in the 90s.

Watching Matrix 2 and 3 makes it seem so long...not because of how long ago it was but because of how terrible those were.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 08:58 AM)
I learned this week that Celozzi Ettleson Chevrolet has been out of business for a decade.

In 2005 or so I was out west visiting a friend and we were going south on York and got to the intersection with Roosevelt. I saw the Roosevelt sign and that was the first thing that came to mind... but it wasn't there. Been wanting to see that place my whole damn life and it was gone. Booooo

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
Watching Matrix 2 and 3 makes it seem so long...not because of how long ago it was but because of how terrible those were.

It's so bandwagon to say the the second Matrix film was bad, but it really was a top tier action movie. It's just that the expectations were so high after the first one. They're not even really in the same genre. The first one is a more intellectual sci-fi where the second one could be lopped in with a Schwarzenegger movie.

Now, the third Matrix I can't defend. Those stupid robot/Mech warrior things were stupid in so many ways.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 06:14 PM)
It's so bandwagon to say the the second Matrix film was bad, but it really was a top tier action movie. It's just that the expectations were so high after the first one. They're not even really in the same genre. The first one is a more intellectual sci-fi where the second one could be lopped in with a Schwarzenegger movie.

Now, the third Matrix I can't defend. Those stupid robot/Mech warrior things were stupid in so many ways.

I liked the second one more the first time I saw it, but with repeated viewings the whole Smith/Neo sequences get on my nerve. The Architect scene was my favorite and still is, but everything else in that movie grates on me now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 06:40 PM)
I liked the second one more the first time I saw it, but with repeated viewings the whole Smith/Neo sequences get on my nerve. The Architect scene was my favorite and still is, but everything else in that movie grates on me now.

That's interesting. Most people I've heard complain about those movies hate the Architect scene. The dialogue in there is just fantastic though. I just wish they had done better with Zion in general. It didn't seem to fit for me. Any of the scenes there weren't good enough to me, which is why the third one is indefensible.