GAME THREAD 6/9/11: OAK @ CWS, 7:10pm

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)
My god, I am annoyed FOR the A's fans right now. This is some Twins s*** we are pulling right now.

f*** the A's fans. I could care less if lightning strikes the ball in mid flight. Score runs, score them at will.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
True, but at that first AB ended w/ a BS punchout, and he did hit the flyball about 380 feet. At least he isn't looking bad in his ABs.

6 early runs on a night when Carlos is 0/3 is good.

just looked at Rios' BABIP, that's some unlucky s*** right there. i know he's horrible this year but the stats say he's not as bad as his numbers, unfortunately he's been pretty subpar in CF too which hurts him even more

also (i love fangraphs), the 20 worst players in WAR in MLB, we have 3 of them in our starting lineup.

Edited by Real

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)
just looked at Rios' BABIP, that's some unlucky s*** right there. i know he's horrible this year but the stats say he's not as bad as his numbers, unfortunately he's been pretty subpar in CF too which hurts him even more

also (i love fangraphs), the 20 worst players in WAR in MLB, we have 3 of them in our starting lineup.

His K-rate is a career low as well, IIRC. He's putting the ball in play. Some of it's bad luck and some of it's weak contact.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)
The Twins are officially playing better. Just in time for the Sox trip on Mon, Tue, Wed.

I'm not buying a team that's in last and 15 games below .500 as suddenly in it, not even the Twins. Not this year.