...And that's a White Sox WINNER!!!

mmmmmbeeer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunn hts a home run. Nice. I would assume the cheers felt good for the big lug. Getting booed must grow old.

Rios gets two hits.

Public enemy Juan two hits and a ribbie.

Lexi, Konerko, Omar. Nice night from Mark

Another clean win that makes you wonder why they are only 4-3 on this homestand and so inconsistent.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)
Only this year? You're a new Sox fan, aren't you? :P

I have a feeling that fans of just about every team think they get owned by rookies way too often.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 12:24 AM)
So we've beaten Pineda, Felix and Cahill in 3 of our last 4 games. That's pretty impressive. I have no idea who this guy is they're running out there Friday night. But let's just pummel him for the hell of it and take names later.

GIO!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 01:54 AM)
Yeah, I agree. Gio is a legit pitcher, and it hurts to lose him.

It was the second trade that killed me. I was fine with the first one. We got Jim f***ing Thome back. But the second one was inexcusable and the beginning of the slow downward spiral KW and Co. have been on the last 3+ years.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 12:24 AM)
So we've beaten Pineda, Felix and Cahill in 3 of our last 4 games. That's pretty impressive. I have no idea who this guy is they're running out there Friday night. But let's just pummel him for the hell of it and take names later.

One of these things is not like the other. It's more than "he doesn't pitch for the Mariners."

I don't dare call Cahill hot garbage...dude is a legitmate #2...but he is absolutely prone to nights like this.

Don't care of names for future starters. If the Sox lineup is going, they can get a few runs off of anyone. "OMG SMALL BALL"

(if Gio is pitching, there's no need for Dunn, because he is a guaranteed 0-3 with a walk. DH Rios and start Lillibridge in CF)

QUOTE (hawkubes @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 02:32 AM)
its hilarious b****in about KW trading away Gio a half decade ago when he'd be our 7th pitcher right now. OK 6th with peavy hurt.

Um...we're talking about a guy who has the 6th best ERA in the AL right now. He'd be our ace.

QUOTE (hawkubes @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 03:32 AM)
its hilarious b****in about KW trading away Gio a half decade ago when he'd be our 7th pitcher right now. OK 6th with peavy hurt.

He'd be in the rotation, but the team probably wouldn't have Edwin or Humber, and might still have Hudson cooking, if they didn't use him to fill a different hole.

The rotation would probably look something like this(in no particular order):

Peavy

Gio

Buehrle

Floyd

Danks

Hudson (while Peavy is out)

I'd be pretty happy with it, as it's more long term stability than the current staff.