...And that's a White Sox WINNER!!!

mmmmmbeeer

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 12:24 AM)
So we've beaten Pineda, Felix and Cahill in 3 of our last 4 games. That's pretty impressive. I have no idea who this guy is they're running out there Friday night. But let's just pummel him for the hell of it and take names later.

funny story about godfrey (the friday starter)....before he went to college of charleston he played his freshman year at vandy. when I was a freshman, i brought a whole 20 oz of soco into the baseball game, finished it by like the 3rd inning. I was sitting in 1st row just above the dugout, and apparently spit over the edge of the dugout (not intentionally). I only found out the next day that it landed on Godfrey, and he wanted to kick my ass the rest of the year until he ended up transferring thankfully. Can't believe he ever made it to the bigs. I told a bunch of my buddies last night that I wanted to go to the game and heckle him in the bullpen to see if he remembered....goddamn prior obligations

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know most people remember the games we give away, but this game we pretty much had no business winning. Somehow we turned into the old Metrodome Twins with all of the dink hits, timely errors, bases loaded walks, and other flukes of the night.

I'll take it. Hopefully this is the night that gets Dunn and Rios going though. Very optimistic to see Dunn go Oppo and Rios back through the middle. Those approaches will help them both out A LOT!

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 01:13 AM)
I won't lie...I love Gio.

He's essentially the only prospect we've let go in the last while that hurts for me.

Since I started following minor league baseball back in 2004 in our system, he was my second favorite prospect ever after Jeremy Reed (third was B-Mac). I loved Gio then and still do. Very happy he is having success. (even though it isn't with us)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 01:01 AM)
I was there and it was freezing. I'll take credit for pulling Dunn out of his slump, though.

If your slumpbusting powers are multifaceted......wingman for me when I head out to the bars...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 08:59 AM)
If Juan Pierre is the scapegoat that means everyone else is hitting where they should be, and this team will be battering people.

No doubt. That means Rios and Dunn are hitting again, which is way more important than Pierre.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
Call me when the Twins are above .500... The Sox may still stink against them but they won't win the central this year. They dug too big of a hole.

We're still not even .500. :lolhitting

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 08:07 AM)
We're still not even .500. :lolhitting

I don't think the Sox are gonna win it either haha. Just look at my signature. I say the Twins will top out at like 75 wins or so.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 07:49 AM)
I know most people remember the games we give away, but this game we pretty much had no business winning. Somehow we turned into the old Metrodome Twins with all of the dink hits, timely errors, bases loaded walks, and other flukes of the night.

I'll take it. Hopefully this is the night that gets Dunn and Rios going though. Very optimistic to see Dunn go Oppo and Rios back through the middle. Those approaches will help them both out A LOT!

I said almost exactly that to my friend. I just mentioned that everything seemed to be going our way. And yes, I felt like that might be the game to turn Dunn's season around.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
If your slumpbusting powers are multifaceted......wingman for me when I head out to the bars...

I am actually a very good wingman. It's something about there not being pressure on me to personally bring a girl home. You pay for beer and you've got my services :ph34r:

I want to give credit to Ozzie for not being stubborn and putting Dunn back in the lineup. I think he would have preferred to rest him one more game, but Cahill was the perfect pitcher to get Dunn back into the lineup to face. Hopefully he benches him against Gio though.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:34 AM)
I said almost exactly that to my friend. I just mentioned that everything seemed to be going our way. And yes, I felt like that might be the game to turn Dunn's season around.

I know its weird, but I wouldn't have felt the same if he had hit the exact same homer to RF.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)
We were like two sections past first base, about 10 rows up. The wind was brutal, kept blowing right down my back.

We were front row UD, above the Sox dugout. Seemed like the upper deck behind us blocked the wind. Weird how it swirls around in that stadium though, you never know where it will be windy.