GAME THREAD: OAK @ CWS, 6/10, 7:10pm

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
Nothing negative is ever refreshing. Negative attitudes and energy are a disease, a virus.

It's isn't negative, it's the truth.

And the better you cope with the truth, the better you can put this into perspective and move on.

And simply stated, this is not a very baseball team made worse by its present manager.

Edited by mcgrad70

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
Personally, I don't think the bolded part is a big issue on here. That's at least talking about the game. Saying "we're never going to win again, this franchise sucks" is probably a better example. Just one pessimist's opinion.

Except for when it happens because of some sort of perverse pleasure taken from it. It's become the fashionable thing to do around here recently. Let's see who can be the most negative SOB possible!

We can all see when s*** is going badly or someone is struggling. I would think posting something like "Sergio has nothing tonight, and we're going to lose this game if Ozzie doesn't get him out of there ." But it has gone way, way overboard and beyond that, to stuff like "Sergio is vomiting on my cock tonight. Ozzie should be beaten with sharp, corrosive metal rods for leaving him in this long."

It's just a contest to see who can be the most negative, shocking, ridiculous poster now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
The same goes for you!

You two probably both have stomach ulcers from all the gloom and doom you prognosticate on a daily basis. Or else you have raw genitals from all the masturbating you do when things are going poorly for us.

Either way, when you or Greg are posting s*** like "oh, they are definitely going to score now. Sergio can't get anyone out," how the f*** is that refreshing to anyone other than yourselves?

Whatever. You're always on here trying to educate someone on what a 'true' fan is and if they don't fit your criteria they should take up "knitting" or whatever. s*** is old and tired. Even with how I am, I don't try and push that off on other posters and if they disagree with me tell them they should find another hobby. This was a pathetic loss and nothing you say can mask that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
Whatever. You're always on here trying to educate someone on what a 'true' fan is and if they don't fit your criteria they should take up "knitting" or whatever. s*** is old and tired. Even with how I am, I don't try and push that off on other posters and if they disagree with me tell them they should find another hobby. This was a pathetic loss and nothing you say can mask that.

Go find a post where I have ever judged whether someone is a true or real fan. I challenge you to go find anything even mildly approaching that sort of judgmental bulls*** out of me.

The only thing I encourage people to do is to channel their negativity in other directions, because it is simply not healthy to do what some of you guys apparently do to yourselves based on what this team does.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:53 PM)
Go find a post where I have ever judged whether someone is a true or real fan. I challenge you to go find anything even mildly approaching that sort of judgmental bulls*** out of me.

The only thing I encourage people to do is to channel their negativity in other directions, because it is simply not healthy to do what some of you guys apparently do to yourselves based on what this team does.

I don't have to do that. I KNOW you do that. The search function hasn't worked in years and I'm not googling whatever just to make a point. You always do that and you know it. If we get angry or upset about something we're on the verge of suicide and we should start reading the bible. You do that s*** all the time and you know it.

We're stuck with this team.

Doesn't matter if the attendance was 15,000 tonight, there are very few trade options that will lighten JR's financial burden.

I think he's learned that criticizing or challenging the fans to support inferior product doesn't do any good. Instead, his attitude is more like they'll weather the storm and not threaten the fans with dismantling with every negative attendance number posted.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
I don't have to do that. I KNOW you do that. The search function hasn't worked in years and I'm not googling whatever just to make a point. You always do that and you know it. If we get angry or upset about something we're on the verge of suicide and we should start reading the bible. You do that s*** all the time and you know it.

WTF are you talking about?

You need help.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)
WTF are you talking about?

You need help.

No, I don't need help I can admit what I am. A hardcore pessimist that loves the White Sox. I was giving the team props for finding Sergio. Would I do that if I just wanted to b**** all the time? You constantly look down on those that don't worship Scott Merkin and Hawk. And I'm sick of it. You're no better a fan than I am. Get over yourself.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
No, I don't need help I can admit what I am. A hardcore pessimist that loves the White Sox. I was giving the team props for finding Sergio. Would I do that if I just wanted to b**** all the time? You constantly look down on those that don't worship Scott Merkin and Hawk. And I'm sick of it. You're no better a fan than I am. Get over yourself.

Again, I've never said I'm a better fan than you or anyone else. I don't know why you keep insisting I'm saying that. And you won't ever find me saying anything even approaching that either.

You jump off the deep end like four times a day and I'm just trying to keep you out of the room with rubber walls.

This is a good learning experience for Santos... you learn from failure and let's hope this is a step in the right direction for the development for Santos being a better pitcher or in fact a better closer. Ya it hurts .... but he's gotta learn to not overthrow and overdo everything just do get out of things. I think he'll learn from this... and don't doubt the team's ability to bounce back.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 11:09 PM)
Again, I've never said I'm a better fan than you or anyone else. I don't know why you keep insisting I'm saying that. And you won't ever find me saying anything even approaching that either.

You jump off the deep end like four times a day and I'm just trying to keep you out of the room with rubber walls.

Why do you have to play Soxtalk psychiatrist? Let us be nuts. It'd be boring as hell if 98% of this board thought like ranger.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)

Pitching wise, Santos is probably the least experienced full time pitcher in the major leagues. He has very little to fall back on, so when he falls apart, he's really going to fall apart. He probably will be a pretty good closer at some point, but if the Sox are "all in" he's really a crapshoot as opposed to an almost sure thing. Making him the closer is kind of like giving a 16 year old who just got his license a Ferari. It may work out fine, but probably not.

Of course finding a closer isn't easy, and bringing back Jenks even with the struggles the Sox have had in the 9th inning, wasn't a good choice either. Supposedly Heath Bell is going to get traded fairly soon. The Sox need him, but so do a lot of teams. They would have to probably give up Viciedo at least to get him, and I don't think that's very smart. Maybe Santos learns something tonight. Learning on the job trying to win a divison is very tough. Blowing leads in the 9th inning has to stop. If the Sox won all the games they lead in the 9th, they would probably be in first place or very close right now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 03:36 AM)
Then honestly, why come back every night again and again.

If you can't handle the f***ing swings of professional sports, then go take up knitting.

Coming here to be debbie downer EVERY GOD DAMN NIGHT gets really old, Greg.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 03:43 AM)
Nothing negative is ever refreshing. Negative attitudes and energy are a disease, a virus.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 04:11 AM)
This is a good learning experience for Santos... you learn from failure and let's hope this is a step in the right direction for the development for Santos being a better pitcher or in fact a better closer. Ya it hurts .... but he's gotta learn to not overthrow and overdo everything just do get out of things. I think he'll learn from this... and don't doubt the team's ability to bounce back.

1.) Every night? Are you crazy? I am very positive when we win or play well. I mean s*** I point out that we NEVER have comebacks like these teams put on us. (Except very very early the first two weeks of the season I think we had a great 2 out comeback). I mean this loss was insane. But I am not overly negative, no way, especially about players. I haven't buried Juan or Gordon like some have. Or AJP when he has his long slump (he's been pretty good this year).

2.) My gosh. How can you not be "negative" over tonight? This does not happen.

3.) Good post, but I don't know what he can learn except to NEVER walk people or hit people and I think he knows that. I think he threw the fastball cause the slider had no chance tonight. I don't know what he could learn tonight. It is sad if he was mentally defeated. All he needed was one out SO MANY TIMES tonight. I won't bury him. He's been good to great this year. But geez, tonight ...