6/12 Games.

OilCan

Charlotte lost 2-1 to the PawSox. http://ow.ly/5g087

Milledge HR

Danks and Lucy 2-4

Kevin Millwood was pitching for the PawSox.

Birmingham blanked Mobile 6-0 http://ow.ly/5g0cp

Doyle 6IP, 5 hits, 6Ks

Kuhn, Short, Marrero and Greene, 2 hits apiece.

HR: Greene, J (6, 3rd inning off Newby, 0 on, 0 out), Marrero (10, 6th inning off Newby, 0 on, 0 out), Loman (7, 6th inning off Newby, 0 on, 2 out).

Addison Reed: 2 IP, 2 walks, 3Ks.

WS is leading 8-0 after 5 innings. http://ow.ly/5g0ik

HR: Saladino, Bour, Gac

Mitchell 1-3

Saladino 3 RBIs

Kannapolis stomped Delmarva 12-0. http://ow.ly/5g0lf

Dan Black had a game...3-5, 3 runs scored, 4 RBIs, 1 HR.

Kevin Dubler had a triple and a HR, him too.

T2 - 2-4, double, 2RBIs, 1k.

Juan Silverio was played 2b. 1-4, double. Thought he was a SS/3b?

Edited by OilCan

Good to see Jordan Danks staying consistent in the batters box. Nothing earth shattering but still, our farm system needs that from him. Now if he slowly improve his BA and his OBP, he could become a major prospect for the Sox's outfield again.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 05:50 PM)
Good to see Jordan Danks staying consistent in the batters box. Nothing earth shattering but still, our farm system needs that from him. Now if he slowly improve his BA and his OBP, he could become a major prospect for the Sox's outfield again.

You really still are hanging on to hope? Even after the interview with Buddy Bell basically said his swing didn't respond well to the coaching and reverted back to the norm? He's going to be 25 years old in less than two months, I just don't see it.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)
You really still are hanging on to hope? Even after the interview with Buddy Bell basically said his swing didn't respond well to the coaching and reverted back to the norm? He's going to be 25 years old in less than two months, I just don't see it.

I see a 4th outfielder or a 2nd division starter at best.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:59 PM)

Which is what I see too.

Maybe I should have said "if he continues to develop and progress he might be an asset in some way shape or form for the parent club or another team". All that I'm wanting to see is any of the OF prospects develop into ballplayers for the South Side as a fan, that's all. Call it what anyone will, false hope, homerism, whatever. And if some/any of them turn out something then all the better. I guess that is hope in a relative sense, sure.

I will tell you this: from what I've seen of Jordan Danks when he used to play ball at UT to today, the kid has talent. Just needs to put it together. Yes, time is against him but so what? If he doesn't make it as a starter, then what were we expecting as a 19th/later a 7th rounder?

QUOTE (forrestg @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
I keep watching Kuhn's stats . Is he that good? How high is his ceiling and when will he be moved to Charlotte?

Yes. He could be a prototype leadoff hitter. Soon I imagine, him and Drew Garcia will probably swap places after the first half is over.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)

Hmm... I just reread that part of the interview several times... and I'm not sure I would interpret it the way you did.

Bell seems to think Danks was over-coached over the winter... and was over-thinking his approach at the plate.

His recent changes don't imply that he scrapped improvements to his swing.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:59 PM)

And I think him becoming a 4th outfielder would be very valuable. He's a strong defender who's capable of playing all three OF positions. His left-handed bat would work well behind Rios and Viciedo. Also, anything that gives John Danks another reason to stay long-term is a plus.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:42 PM)

You mean the interview where Buddy Bell said, "Jordan Danks looks better than I've ever seen him"?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 07:21 AM)
And I think him becoming a 4th outfielder would be very valuable. He's a strong defender who's capable of playing all three OF positions. His left-handed bat would work well behind Rios and Viciedo. Also, anything that gives John Danks another reason to stay long-term is a plus.

Problem is...right now our 4th OF keeps winning games for us.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 06:50 PM)

He's been slumping again for the last week or so.