WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 10:51 AM)
The players will get paid, but that doesn't mean the White Sox will. That is different. The Sox are a creditor, not an employee.

i would imagine there was an addendum or some type of doc signed in the deal that the dodgers are directly responsible for such and such portion of deferred comp, not the white sox. i'm sure we're not playing middle man and paying the deferred comp and turning around to wait for a check from the dodgers. the fact that they talk about manny as a creditor and not the white sox speaks to this scenario.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maki @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
i would imagine there was an addendum or some type of doc signed in the deal that the dodgers are directly responsible for such and such portion of deferred comp, not the white sox. i'm sure we're not playing middle man and paying the deferred comp and turning around to wait for a check from the dodgers. the fact that they talk about manny as a creditor and not the white sox speaks to this scenario.

The White Sox are listed as a creditor, and it is for Juan Pierre, not Manny.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:18 AM)
Keeping Viciedo in the minors longer is likely to save the Sox money in arbitration though.

Then we're not seeing him until a few weeks into August at the earliest. IMO they're either waiting until the break to get an extra year of service or someone has a lot of faith in Juan Pierre and they legitimately think there's no where to play Viciedo. If Super 2 is playing into this then that's just sad and I just can not see that, you don't leave a potential impact bat in the minors about 2 full months longer than you should in the middle of the damn season (this isn't the usual waiting until mid May scenario) in order to maybe save a few million down the line especially when everyone's job should be on the line and this team is in desperate need of an offensive spark.

I wish a reporter would ask Ozzie to name what he actually sees that Juan brings to the table. I know his repsonse will be along the lines of JP being a hard worker and always prepared. Big deal, alot guys can work hard but it doesn't make them baseball players. He can't hit for average, can't hit for power, can't throw, and this year he can't field or run. Pierre had a surprisingly nice year last year but it's almost July now. It's time to change. There's being stubborn and there's being stupid. Playing Pierre is being stupid. I can't believe KW doesn't have the authority to release him. He's still OG's boss. I can't see him putting up with having his authority/power taken away. The only thing he could be doing is letting Ozzie hang himself by playing JP but would KW allow that to occur to the detriment of the team?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 10:51 AM)
The players will get paid, but that doesn't mean the White Sox will. That is different. The Sox are a creditor, not an employee.

The Dodgers still have a lot more assets than liabilities. The Sox will get paid. The Dodgers would basically have to fold for the Sox to be left high and dry.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
The Dodgers still have a lot more assets than liabilities. The Sox will get paid. The Dodgers would basically have to fold for the Sox to be left high and dry.

Will, but not until the courts pay them. That is the key there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 07:56 PM)
If they pushed the budget to the point this matters they should all resign.

To the point where they don't want to waste $5.5 million in cash? On a team that no one is showing up for? That is actually called fiduciary duty.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
To the point where they don't want to waste $5.5 million in cash? On a team that no one is showing up for? That is actually called fiduciary duty.

To the point where they can't come up with that money 2 months in advance.

Dick Allen should be all over this.

If they REALLY were unable to locate $5.5 million for a one-off payment, you'd almost have to wonder if there was some McCourt-esque personal money-laundering going on behind the scenes...well beyond the things with Wilder we already know about.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
Dick Allen should be all over this.

If they REALLY were unable to locate $5.5 million for a one-off payment, you'd almost have to wonder if there was some McCourt-esque personal money-laundering going on behind the scenes...well beyond the things with Wilder we already know about.

Major League Baseball is already accusing McCourt of siphoning off more than 100 million from the franchise for his own personal use. Wilder looks like a pickpocket compared to McCourt and his soon to be ex wife.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)
Major League Baseball is already accusing McCourt of siphoning off more than 100 million from the franchise for his own personal use. Wilder looks like a pickpocket compared to McCourt and his soon to be ex wife.

Jeffrey Loria spends revenue sharing money on personal things. Like it or not, I'm sure JR's private jet has been gassed up using White Sox profits.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
Jeffrey Loria spends revenue sharing money on personal things.

Jeffrey Loria makes payroll every month. Jeffrey Lorias wife isnt using the club as leverage in a divorce.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
Jeffrey Loria makes payroll every month. Jeffrey Lorias wife isnt using the club as leverage in a divorce.

And if Selig would approve the Fox deal, McCourt would be out of the woods as well. The excuse that he will use some of that money for personal use is hypocrital.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)
And if Selig would approve the Fox deal, McCourt would be out of the woods as well. The excuse that he will use some of that money for personal use is hypocrital.

Really, no he wouldnt be out of the woods. Theyd still be staring at a mountain of debt with inadequate revenue streams to cover what they've taken out.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 07:34 PM)
For those who don't live in Chicago, the Chicago sports radio shows were all over the Pierre/Dunn vs Viciedo debate.

I listened to the Score through my Android Phone today - quite the entertainment with on the 1pm show - Danny Mac? I forgot. Sorry.

Anywhooo wanted to throw this out there.....and just state how Dayan is actually doing in AAA:

1st in the IL with 55 RBIs.

1st in the IL with 100 hits.

1st in the IL with ABs - 303.

4th in the IL with 24 doubles.

Tied for 10th in the IL with 12 HRs - and June has been a slow HR month for him with only 3.

1st in the IL with 160 Total Bases.

22nd in the league with .369 OBP.

2nd in the IL with .528 Slugging Pct.

4th in the IL with a .330 BA

6th in the IL with a .897 OBP.

And yet, we hear WHAT FROM OUR HIGHLY ESTEEMED GM ABOUT why we can't bring Dayan up?

And yet, we hear WHAT FROM OUR WORLD CHAMPION MANAGER ABOUT why we can't pencil him in the lineup???

Suck my White Sox loyalty since 1973, since birth, since I was born at 26th and Wallace on that crisp, cool 10th of October night in Chicago.

All In. PFFFFTT. PLEASE.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)

Mccourt would be temporarily out of the woods, and he would be able to pay off the divorce. i am no Selig apologist, i think he has done some boneheaded things for sure, but some of the things i have read about him and jamie using the franchise as a personal bank was pretty bad. Fox is talking about backing out of the deal anyways, so if that were to happen Mccourt would be up a creek anyway

it is an interesting story to watch develop, i dont like either side but i feel bad for the fans. this is a legendary franchise being reduced to a piece of a tabloid billionaire divorce story.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
Jeffrey Loria spends revenue sharing money on personal things. Like it or not, I'm sure JR's private jet has been gassed up using White Sox profits.

Think more like Worldcom with the Buffalo Sabres. There is a line there

This whole thing isn't because they are worried McCourt will spend money on himself, its an old boys network that McCourt has exposed and embarrassed. He's not wanted anymore. If JR had the same Fox deal and he told Bud he was going to spend some of the funds buying the Phoenix Coyotes, it still would be approved, but McCourts tabloid style divorce embarrassed the owners and his looting Dodger cash to live high on the hog exposed what kind of money these guys make.