6/14 Sox @ twinkies PPD

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"He's the first guy in the clubhouse and the last guy out," a Miracle team official said this morning.

In seven games for the Miracle, Mauer - a three-time American League batting champion - is hitting .261 with one home run and six RBIs.

Mauer will work out again today, then face rehabbing reliever Joe Nathan in batting practice on Wednesday before the Twins decide whether he's ready to return to Minnesota.

Link

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
f***ing ozzie - no lillibridge. what an asshole.

Don't worry, he'll go 2-4 with 2 little league singles with 2 CS and at least one misplayed ball in left, but ...hey..... 2 WHOLE HITS! More PA's!!!

Oh, yeah, he's also the hardest working guy on the team. Don't you dare forget that...

QUOTE (MAX @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
Because of the off day, their recent success, and who knows what else - I haven't been more anxious awaiting a game since the first week of the season.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
Heavy rain forecast for tonight.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
This series worries me. I hate that the Twins are still around. They looked a lot better when their GB was double digits. Can't say that this wasn't expected.

Their GB was double digits for the same reason ours was big...one team at the top on fire. Their GB was bound to decline once Cleveland slumped.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
Heavy rain forecast for tonight.

Yup. 30% chance of showers at game time, rising to 1000% by 12:00.

Should the game run into extras the rain will get it, and an early delay could hurt.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
Their GB was double digits for the same reason ours was big...one team at the top on fire. Their GB was bound to decline once Cleveland slumped.

Yeah, I just hate looking in the rear-view mirror and seeing this frigging team, especially given the Sox recent history against them. They've been winning ballgames lately, 9-3 in June. In six of those they've score 6+ runs (Sox did this as well).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)

Well, that and the fact that they were like 16-33 at one point.