6/14 Sox @ twinkies PPD

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
You know much that costs? They didn't have any more problems with weather than any other team last year. The Minnesota weather thing is overblown.

The night games in April and early May in 20 degree weather cannot be much fun. Milwaukee saw a need for a retractable roof, Twins should of also.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know much that costs? They didn't have any more problems with weather than any other team last year. The Minnesota weather thing is overblown.

Perhaps they didn't have problems, but don't you think the fans might show up in larger numbers if they knew they would be comfortable?

QUOTE (MAX @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)
Perhaps they didn't have problems, but don't you think the fans might show up in larger numbers if they knew they would be comfortable?

But you need several million, maybe even close to 10 million extra tickets to pay for a dome. Maybe more for a retractable roof.

Just think of it as the first ballpark ready for climate change.

QUOTE (MAX @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 08:16 PM)

I guess, but from my experience at Miller Park, even when the roof is open, it's still different than a regular open-aired stadium. I don't fault the Twins for not building a stadium with a retractable roof. It's a beautiful downtown park, and they wouldn't be able to create that atmosphere with a roof.

They had to fight like hell to get what they got, because Twins ownership wasn't going to pick it up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 08:18 PM)
But you need several million, maybe even close to 10 million extra tickets to pay for a dome. Maybe more for a retractable roof.

Well if you are going to use it for 50 years, it might be worth considering.

I'm sure they considered it, and decided not to do it.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 03:03 AM)
So great now Dunn and Rios haven't played in two days and will now carry their cold bat once we start again.

I wouldn't worry about that. Rest probably can help all ballplayers at this point.

Didn't Rios go 0-4 in his last game anyway?

It's not like Dunn is red-hot, either, though he hit a 3-run bomb which was his best hit of the season.

I wouldn't stress about 2 days off. I like it. Nice break.

I just hope they don't get swept by Minnie ... again.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 01:18 AM)

Dome stadiums suck. Congrats to Minnie for building an outdoor-only park. Retractable roofs suck as well.

Greg, check out these twitter posts that show up when searching Ron Roenicke:

AndrewSa888‎ And finally Ron Roenicke, Your way better than Ken Macha but your decisions are really annoying with the Bullpen and possible INT walks.

Twitter - 99

1 minute ago

‎ cgbryant24‎ Ron Roenicke's completely incompetent bullpen managament and line-up construction are going to cost the #Brewers a playoff berth. Fire him.

Twitter - 135

2 minutes ago

‎ detassler‎ Ron Roenicke may be worse than Ned Yost at managing a bullpen.

Twitter - 194

3 minutes ago

‎ Chumpnasty‎ RT @BadgerNoonan: Ron roenicke should be fired for the last 2 games. Amazing incompetence.

Twitter - 341

5 minutes ago

‎ BerniesCrew‎ The bullpen arms still have to get the job done -- but terrible job managing the bullpen tonight by Ron Roenicke. Just brutal. #Brewers

Twitter - 346

5 minutes ago

‎ thegnc‎ Dear Ron Roenicke, STOP WASTING OUTS!

Twitter - 490

8 minutes ago

‎ BadgerNoonan‎ RT @eznark: Ron Roenicke could not be worse at his job. #brewers

Twitter - 527

8 minutes ago

‎ BadgerNoonan‎ Ron roenicke should be fired for the last 2 games. Amazing