Floyd @ twinkies 6/15 7:10pm CST

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
Rongey just stated that the reason that Pavano does well against the sox is that they dont matchup well with this pitch he throws. It sinks and is slower, and thats what CQ had problems with tonight.

ITS CALLED A CHANGEUP.

Rongey never will just say Sox have issues.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:51 AM)
When the Pirates with a win tonight are over .500 and the Sox are not even .500 there is a huge problem with this team!

I'm loving the rejuvenation of the Pirates. Hanrahan is a stud, and someone I wanted the Sox to look into last year along with Matt Lindstrom (I'm a sucker for hard throwers in the Futures Game).

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:53 AM)
The Sox are just mentally weak. There is no other explanation.

Tonight was just a lack of focus and game plan at the plate. It was like the Sox were machines batting that were unable to adjust.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
When the Pirates with a win tonight are over .500 and the Sox are not even .500 there is a huge problem with this team!

Not really. The Pirates, aided by a hoard of s***ty seasons that's enabled them to collect some elite young talent, and a couple of under the radar moves (getting Charlie Morton in the McClouth trade, Tabata from the Yankees and signing Kevin Correia last winter), has brought them back to respectability. They're basically the Royals of the NL. They've made a commitment to scouting/drafting/signing/developing and they're FINALLY starting to reap some of the reward. Really doesn't make us look bad. We look bad enough on our own.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
I'm loving the rejuvenation of the Pirates. Hanrahan is a stud, and someone I wanted the Sox to look into last year along with Matt Lindstrom (I'm a sucker for hard throwers in the Futures Game).

I'm sure you probably already know this, as you're as big as fan of the guy as I am. But Andrew McCutchen is 4th in all of baseball in WAR. He's the anti-Beckham. Andrew gets better every year while Gordon continues to regress.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)
Exactly. It's still only one game. Let's all cry ourselves to sleep now.

They cant beat their own division. They havent been able to beat the twins in years. They cant beat the Tigers over the last year or so. I understand its one game, but this was the f***ing Rochester Redwings we faced tonight. Not the twins.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
I'm sure you probably already know this, as you're as big as fan of the guy as I am. But Andrew McCutchen is 4th in all of baseball in WAR. He's the anti-Beckham. Andrew gets better every year while Gordon continues to regress.

Andrew goes through our system and gets prepped by our handlers and he is Jerry Owens.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 03:04 AM)

I had no idea, that's shocking as last I checked, he was having a subpar year. I love the guy though. I read today that Josh Bell won't be signed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
I had no idea, that's shocking as last I checked, he was having a subpar year. I love the guy though. I read today that Josh Bell won't be signed.

That sucks. I want them and the Reds to load up on as much young talent as possible. For obvious reasons, of course.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)

No, it's not one game. Not against this team. 7-27 since May of '09? Are you serious. That's a problem and shouldn't sit well with anyone. There's no way to sugarcoat that.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 03:46 AM)
Well, I am officially hoping for Juan Pierre to pull a hamstring.

And if that was not the prototypical Twins defeat of the White Sox, I don't know what is.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 03:53 AM)

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 03:59 AM)

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 04:05 AM)
They cant beat their own division. They havent been able to beat the twins in years. They cant beat the Tigers over the last year or so. I understand its one game, but this was the f***ing Rochester Redwings we faced tonight. Not the twins.

1.) I don't think it's luck anymore. The Twins laugh their asses off because they know how to beat us and do beat us over and over. 3-0 this year. I think it's going to be another lopsided season series in favor of Minnesota. Will we beat them once in Minnesota? Ever year it gets worse ag. them.

2.) How many games have we won after trailing after 7? I would say very few. I agree with you. One of the team's weaknesses is being mentally weak.

3.) Spare me. It's always one game but these Twins games are very annoying.

4.) We can't beat Minnesota. It's going to drive us all insane. Law of averages won't even take over. s***, just the fact when AJ is playing every Twins single turns into a double means the percentages are also against us when we play Minnie. How many runs will that mean for Minnesota in a 19-game season series?? Can Castro throw any better? We almost have to sit AJ. He can't throw any Twin player out!!!!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
No, it's not one game. Not against this team. 7-27 since May of '09? Are you serious. That's a problem and shouldn't sit well with anyone. There's no way to sugarcoat that.

Agreed 100%

I expected failure tonight, and that's what happened. I think the team does the same thing, and that's the problem.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 08:53 PM)

Bingo! It will stay that way when you also aquire players from losing organizations. The mental midgets have returned.