Sox versus Twins 12:10 pm Afternoon Delight

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
I've officially given up on GB ever becoming a star. I'll take league average 2B at this point. And that might be a stretch. Even when we get a top 10 pick we botch that.

Oh GMAB there was nothing wrong with that pick.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 07:39 PM)
I've officially given up on GB ever becoming a star. I'll take league average 2B at this point. And that might be a stretch. Even when we get a top 10 pick we botch that.

I am no batting expert but I was watching some games where a hitch in his swing is mentioned and then shown. I know it's hard to change your approach over nigbht, but if it is shown by broadcasters on TV do you think GB also sees it later?

Recipe to beat the White Sox.

1) Don't respect them at all

2) Run at will on everyone but Buehrle

3) Simply throw a sinker over the plate and induce a double play to clear the bases

4) Pick off Pierre if he's ever on base, run for the extra base if you hit the ball in his direction

5) Erase from your memory that Dunn, Rios and Beckham were once all-star caliber players when facing them

6) No matter how many errors you make, they won't capitalize, so just relax if you're playing defense

7) Very few Sox runners can score from 2nd on a base hit or 3rd from a sac fly...so make their hitters put 3 hits together in an inning

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
I am no batting expert but I was watching some games where a hitch in his swing is mentioned and then shown. I know it's hard to change your approach over nigbht, but if it is shown by broadcasters on TV do you think GB also sees it later?

Well, the new "spin" on Beckham is that Farmer and DJ keep claiming he's he best defensive 2B in the American League, so an OPS 200+ points lower than we expected out of him is now acceptable.