Sox versus Twins 12:10 pm Afternoon Delight

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 08:06 AM)
Not saying there are glaringly better options but AJ as the 5 hitter is so damn miserable. It manifested itself last night in the 9th inning.

I wouldn't be opposed to moving Dunn up to 5 at this point.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)
Not saying there are glaringly better options but AJ as the 5 hitter is so damn miserable. It manifested itself last night in the 9th inning.

Eh, that whole string was awful. 2nd and 3rd with no one out and you got nothing out of your 3-4-5 hitters.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 09:09 AM)
I wouldn't be opposed to moving Dunn up to 5 at this point.

I agree completely and that is exactly what I was thinking as AJ came up representing the tying run last night. He is hitting the ball decently from an AVG perspective, but it's pretty terrible when your 5 hole guy can't drive in a run or pick up an XBH or BB to save his life.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)
Eh, that whole string was awful. 2nd and 3rd with no one out and you got nothing out of your 3-4-5 hitters.

Right right. CQ had a brutal AB, PK got a little unlucky, but then in that situation to have AJ is just like welp that's your ball game.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
I agree completely and that is exactly what I was thinking as AJ came up representing the tying run last night. He is hitting the ball decently from an AVG perspective, but it's pretty terrible when your 5 hole guy can't drive in a run or pick up an XBH or BB to save his life.

Right right. CQ had a brutal AB, PK got a little unlucky, but then in that situation to have AJ is just like welp that's your ball game.

It does suck to have AJ there. Especially when you look down and see what Dunn and Rios have given you this year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 09:21 AM)
It does suck to have AJ there. Especially when you look down and see what Dunn and Rios have given you this year.

Exactly. As I said I'm not claiming we have far better options, its just extremely disappointing when you expected a decently high-powered offense and you have a guy with a sub-.700 OPS hitting 5th who has very minimal run producing capabilities.

I wonder if we're going to start to hear Hawk criticizing, in general, the idea that Lillibridge is not getting played enough. I also think Teahen should be playing today against the sinker baller, and maybe give Konerko a day off since he struggles so much against Blackburn.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
I wonder if we're going to start to hear Hawk criticizing, in general, the idea that Lillibridge is not getting played enough. I also think Teahen should be playing today against the sinker baller, and maybe give Konerko a day off since he struggles so much against Blackburn.

I think you should throw out splits when it comes to Konerko right now. He's been one of only three guys we've had to consistently produce this season. Konerko versus someone who owns him is still better than most of our lineup at the moment

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
I think you should throw out splits when it comes to Konerko right now. He's been one of only three guys we've had to consistently produce this season. Konerko versus someone who owns him is still better than most of our lineup at the moment

I wonder if we'll play Dunn this weekend in Arizona? Kinda funny how Dunn didn't even realize he would be sitting out during these games at NL parks.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 09:44 AM)
Can we win a game against the undermaned Twins please! :gosox1:

If the Twins were either horses at Arlington or nascent members in the Hair Club for men, they'd still be owning us.

No, no, no to Mark Teahen!!!!! Konerko has to play. Unless you're sticking him in LF for Pierre. In which case, you just KNOW about 5+ balls would be hit his way which he would play into doubles and triples. Whatever weakness they have to exploit against us, they always seem to find it and hammer us into submission.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
ozzie just letting lilly rot on the bench?

Apparently so. I was really hoping to see Lillibridge in LF leading off today. It's Mark Kotsay all over again.

Edited by JohnCangelosi

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
Apparently so. I was ready hoping to see Lillibridge in LF leading off today. It's Mark Kotsay all over again.

Watching Kotsay get overpowered by Rodrigo Lopez last night made me chuckle at the fact he was our DH last year.