2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 12:56 PM)
They NEVER said rehab, it was just a conclusion I made, based on the inferences, tone of voice, and Kane's history.

And based on what I heard, too, I found your conclusion to be sound. You never came off as saying it was fact, it was just your opinion.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They NEVER said rehab, it was just a conclusion I made, based on the inferences, tone of voice, and Kane's history.

Ah, my bad. I hadn't re-read the thread since this morning, so I got it mixed up. It does kind of sound like Bernsie may be ateempting to make something out of nothing, but then again, that's what a sports radio host's job is to do.

Kane's history of what?

Googled that too, found pictures of a 21 year old kid drunk a few times.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)
The only evidence of Kaner drinking has been fairly light (ok, he may have skipped on a cabbie bill, but he was 19). He's a young kid with oodles of cash who can bang any chick he pleases, and he goes to bars. It hasn't effected him on the ice yet, and these rumors are all unsubstantiated.

I'm not saying he's in rehab, but some games, it sure looks like something's going on, so you don't know that for sure. And the rumor of missed practices? Well of course that's never going to be confirmed, no one would back that. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, who knows.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
Flyers trade Jeff Carter to CBJ, Mike Richards to LA, and likely Versteeg to FLA. How big of a contract do they think they need to give Brzygalov?

Jeff Carter is a massive pickup for the BJs. Richards to LA is cool. Versteeg is going to play for every team.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
Flyers trade Jeff Carter to CBJ, Mike Richards to LA, and likely Versteeg to FLA. How big of a contract do they think they need to give Brzygalov?

Wow. So I guess they would prefer to lose games 2-1, as opposed to win 5-4? Rumors are that Bryzgalov may get up to $7 million a year. I wouldn't be happy if I were a Flyers fan.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
9 years, $51 million for Brzygalov in Philly. Who saw that one coming?

Lord knows they needed a goalie, but f***ing hell.

Ugh, I remember a few years ago when Bryzgalov was available for a cheap trade. I wanted the Hawks to nab him so bad.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
I can't believe Philly unloaded like that. They got younger up front and better in goal, but jesus, that leaves them with no depth.

LA is going to be scary next year with Penner, Kopitar, and Richards.

Penner's really not that good, he's living off that big year in Anaheim, and that other year in Edmonton.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
Trading Richards is stupid.

I thought trading Carter just to get Bryzgalov was nuts. Richards as well? The owner there basically fixed one problem by creating two more. Very, very strange. Bryzgalov will have more pressure on him than any Flyer since Eric Lindros IMO. Any sign of struggle for the Flyers next year, and he's going to take the blame since he's the guy that basically caused Carter and Richards to leave.

WOW Flyers did what? I know the Flyers realized they need a better goalie to win the Stanley Cup but I dont think its Bryzgalov and for 9 years.

P.S. This is what adds excitement to hockey, teams are not afraid to make trades especially during the trading deadline.

This move from the Flyers, I should also point out, was a Tim Thomas overreaction IMO. Was the goaltending for the 3 Stanley Cup Champions before the Bruins this year really that great? You need good goaltending to win a Cup, but not great. Luongo was a whack job all postseason, and the Canucks lost the Cup by 1 game! And to overpay for a goalie who isn't even great is insanity by the Flyers.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 12:44 AM)
This move from the Flyers, I should also point out, was a Tim Thomas overreaction IMO. Was the goaltending for the 3 Stanley Cup Champions before the Bruins this year really that great? You need good goaltending to win a Cup, but not great. Luongo was a whack job all postseason, and the Canucks lost the Cup by 1 game! And to overpay for a goalie who isn't even great is insanity by the Flyers.

Actually I thin even Thomas proved you dont need a franchise Goalie, he was demoted not too long ago. Terrible moves by the flyers.