6/18 Sox @ D-Backs 7:10 PM, WGN

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 08:53 PM)
None of those would matter if he didn't immediately have to come up with several hundred million.

The problem for these guys is liquid assets. They don't just have hundreds of millions sitting there in the bank, most of it comes in and moves out.

Or the 15 multi-million dollar homes the McCourts bought.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
Or the 15 multi-million dollar homes the McCourts bought.

Which is why he was backed into a corner and was planning to undersell their local tv rights package for many years into the future to get the cash into his pockets ASAP.

Cue Bud Selig and the "not in the best interests of the game" clause which is very open to interpretation.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)
Good win. When Danks got out of the runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out situation in the 7th that was huge. Showed some balls!

I think what I liked best was AJ not batting 5th. Hooray!!!! :gosox1:

The slugger got a day off, he will be back at it at the 5th spot tmr

Anybody notice a change in Thornton's mechanics? It's hard to explain, but when he was struggling with location, he lifted his throwing arm a little bit higher when he is performing his leg kick. Now it's more stationary and he seems to be throwing more strikes.

Could just be my imagination though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
1. A little more pop doesn't help you if you can't field the ball. If you haven't seen Morel doing the job at 3b you haven't been paying attention.

2. Mark Teahen's .577 OPS is not "a little more pop" in the lineup.

I am not talking about Teahen. I am talking about Lillibomb. I don't want Teahen anywhere near this starting lineup. And if you think Lillibridge would be a hack at 3B, then so be it. I don't think he would.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 01:16 AM)
I am not talking about Teahen. I am talking about Lillibomb. I don't want Teahen anywhere near this starting lineup. And if you think Lillibridge would be a hack at 3B, then so be it. I don't think he would.

From what I remember of The Bridge at 3B, he was not very good, or at least did not look comfortable at all.