F*** it, I've Got This. White Sox vs Cubs 7:10 first pitch

Kyyle23

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)
Gordo out for back to back games now.

I really believe a month down in Charlotte could do wonders for this guy. People want to b**** about Morel but he's been pretty damn good at making contact and hitting to RF when he's down in the count. The lack of power is unfortunate.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Juan Pierre ranks 9th in MLB in plate appearances. The two lowest WARs of the top 10 in PAs are Austin Jackson (0.9) and Melky Cabrera (1.7). Noodle-armed Pierre is at -1.1, though he somehow improved since his -1.2 a couple days back.

PROGRESS!!

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
What's going on? The great Oz must be mad at this organtation! He's sabotaging us before he moves to S Florida.

It's the old George Costanza-Yankee routine. Try your best to get yourself fired by committing every egregious act you can toward the organization, yet keep your job.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
And there is no one, not even me, complaining about this.

Plus it gives Ozzie his dual slappy guys who can hit from the left side with righties on the mound. Its like a flashback 2003 Marlins-a-poluza. I figured Oz ejaculated when he came up with this lineup. Extra slappy, more bunts and more old timey NL style baseball.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 05:45 PM)
Nobody wanted to do it today, so I will take care of it.

Lets get this party started :gosoxretro:

Glad you stepped up to the plate. I will be behind the big screen TV watching WGN tonite

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
Cubs lineup against LHP is pretty dangerous with Babe Johnson and Mickey Baker

Both in the lineup today, watch out!

Johnson, cf

Castro, ss

Baker, dh

Ramirez, 3b

Soto, c

Soriano,lf

Pena, 1b

Montanez, rf

LeMahieu, 2b

Garza, p

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
for some reason I believe we'll win the next 2. also paulie gonna continue his HR streak.

The Sox have lost the first game in both of their previous IL series thus far. Of course, then won the next 2 in both of them. I hope the trend continues.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
The Sox have lost the first game in both of their previous IL series thus far. Of course, then won the next 2 in both of them. I hope the trend continues for this series and then we sweep the remainder of series in IL.

fixed

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
The Sox have lost the first game in both of their previous IL series thus far. Of course, then won the next 2 in both of them. I hope the trend continues.

If it does repeat itself, its kind of a perfect analogy for the way both these teams have done in the past few seasons... Cubs start hot and fade fast, Sox start slow then play catch-up.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
If it does repeat itself, its kind of a perfect analogy for the way both these teams have done in the past few seasons... Cubs start hot and fade fast, Sox start slow then play catch-up.

The bad thing is they almost never catch-up.