F*** it, I've Got This. White Sox vs Cubs 7:10 first pitch

Kyyle23

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 04:52 PM)
Ozzie pre-game quote from Daryl Van Schouwen of the Sun-Times' twitter

OMG. WTF?

Ozzie has this unique ability to make a lifelong Sox fan (myself) cheer against this team at times. The only thing that will rid us of this toxic germ is more failure.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 04:52 PM)
Ozzie pre-game quote from Daryl Van Schouwen of the Sun-Times' twitter

OMG. WTF.

My goodness. Is there anything Ozzie brings to the table at this point? What a dolt.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)
Matt Garza has been probably the unluckiest pitcher in baseball. His peripherals are sick. I expect him to K at least 10 tonight.

The unluckiest is Zack Greinke. His ERA is 3 runs higher than his FIP.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 06:19 PM)
Needs to get his head on straight at the plate. Probably back on Wed

Hopefully there's some mechanical work happening too.

Even though it still can't make him hustle to 1b, when Rios sat out those 2 days, he came back with his hands held a lot higher, and since then he's at least hitting .268 with a .741 OPS (better than nothing)

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 05:15 PM)
The unluckiest is Zack Greinke. His ERA is 3 runs higher than his FIP.

Yeah, I didn't do any actual research on this. More tongue in cheek than anything. I just saw his peripherals and thought, "damn, he's been unlucky."

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
That at-bat wasn't a home run, it was a line drive right back up the middle at Gavin's head. Castro has hit plenty of those all season. There are very few hitters in the Cubs lineup that can beat you, and Castro is probably the main one, I'd rather avoid him if possible, I don't care which inning it is. Make Blake f***ing DeWitt beat you.

Sox just what the doctor ordered for Garza. Cubs 6-1.

Memo to Adam Dunn. You could be THE difference in this game as you could have been yesterday.

You may want to earn some of that money at some point.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
Sox just what the doctor ordered for Garza. Cubs 6-1.

Memo to Adam Dunn. You could be THE difference in this game as you could have been yesterday.

You may want to earn some of that money at some point.

Greg, since you are constantly predicting we'll lose games, why do you think Ozzie should keep his job?

Do you really blame everything on KW and the players and not on the manager at all....after watching this same show for 2 1/2 years now?

Not, Ozzie will be great in the NL, Ozzie will lead the NL is sacrifice bunts to move the tying or winning runs into scoring position in the first six innings, Ozzie will be missed and the White Sox will become irrelevant without his crazy antics, Ozzie loves the White Sox and is loyal to a fault to JR (ooops, not so much, going by his recent comments).

What makes you believe he can turn around this mess?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
Greg, since you are constantly predicting we'll lose games, why do you think Ozzie should keep his job?

Do you really blame everything on KW and the players and not on the manager at all....after watching this same show for 2 1/2 years now?

Not, Ozzie will be great in the NL, Ozzie will lead the NL is sacrifice bunts to move the tying or winning runs into scoring position in the first six innings, Ozzie will be missed and the White Sox will become irrelevant without his crazy antics, Ozzie loves the White Sox and is loyal to a fault to JR (ooops, not so much, going by his recent comments).

What makes you believe he can turn around this mess?

I agree it's time for Ozzie to move on. He shoulda been fired when we were sucking eggs at 10 under .500 or wherever the Sox were in late May.

I just think he's a good manager. Just too bad the team is so dysfunctional.

If we can him, I prefer Sandberg. I think he'll be tough, yet quiet.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 04:55 PM)
I agree it's time for Ozzie to move on. He shoulda been fired when we were sucking eggs at 10 under .500 or wherever the Sox were in late May.

I just think he's a good manager. Just too bad the team is so dysfunctional.

If we can him, I prefer Sandberg. I think he'll be tough, yet quiet.

Let's say Sandberg is a total flop, won't that alienate the fan base even more?

Will any Cubs' fans or neutral observers be turned on to the White Sox because of this move? Will it have one iota of effect on public perception?

Because it seems a bit desperate to take the Cubs' #1 icon from the 80's and early 90's and make him the poster shot for your organization.

Sandberg is a pretty quiet guy...not like Baines, but they either need someone who's going to immediately get and receive respect by his mere presence (don't think Ryno quite meets that standard) or a dynamic younger presence who can inspire and lead in the Dave Martinez mold.

The feeling I have about Sandberg is similar to the reason why I'm 98% sure Robin Ventura would never want to be a full-time manager.

I just got a new HD TV.

Does anybody know if my game on WGN will be in HD or does WGN have an HD station like ESPN, etc?

Thank u

As far as Sandberg, yeah it'd probably be an unpopular hire 'cause of his Cubbie background.

I just kind of like his style.

I don't know about Chicago but the weather here has been horrid the last 2 weeks.

Thunder boomers moving in and out every day or every other day.

It's really weird.

Hail, tornadoes, crap.