top 7 prospects

prospectguy

Hey guys. I know we are a rival, but we have been doing a series on the top 7 prospects, and I just recently did one for your system.

Hope its alright to post here. Wanting to get legit opinions or info on some guys I might be missing. I realize I left Eduardo Escobar off, but watching him play I just don't see a guy that hits at the big league level at all.

http://www.detroitbaseballpage.com/farm-re...icago-white-sox

After Viciedo it's hard to come up with a consensus list. You seemed to go with guys having good seasons (other than Mitchell), but I'd put Escobar and Thompson on there ahead of Leesman and Short. Short is converting me, but I'm still pessimistic about him becoming a regular.

QUOTE (prospectguy @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
Hey guys. I know we are a rival, but we have been doing a series on the top 7 prospects, and I just recently did one for your system.

Hope its alright to post here. Wanting to get legit opinions or info on some guys I might be missing. I realize I left Eduardo Escobar off, but watching him play I just don't see a guy that hits at the big league level at all.

http://www.detroitbaseballpage.com/farm-re...icago-white-sox

Thanks for posting, and this is all good. Thanks for posting, and we have always been open to other teams' fans here, as long as you are respectful of where you are.

I tend to agree with danman mostly, I think you've got Short too high (I like him, but probably not Top 10 in the system yet), Mitchell too high as well with his struggles, and I'd even add Leesman as being too high.

We're actually overdue for our own Top 25 list that we had been publishing about 3 times a year. We have a whole blog site devoted to this stuff - futuresox.com. You should check it out. And watch for a new list soon.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)
Thanks for posting, and this is all good. Thanks for posting, and we have always been open to other teams' fans here, as long as you are respectful of where you are.

I tend to agree with danman mostly, I think you've got Short too high (I like him, but probably not Top 10 in the system yet), Mitchell too high as well with his struggles, and I'd even add Leesman as being too high.

We're actually overdue for our own Top 25 list that we had been publishing about 3 times a year. We have a whole blog site devoted to this stuff - futuresox.com. You should check it out. And watch for a new list soon.

For sure I will check it out, I love this stuff. Haha. Thanks for the comments. One thing that is difficult in doing a list for the Sox is when a system isnt all that deep (same for my Tigers), I felt I wanted to reward a couple guys for production (Leesman and Short), if I was doing pure ceiling, yeah Escobar and Thompson probably would've made it. I try to balance those two things on my list, which is why I have Mitchell. I just think Leesman and Short have a better chance at reaching their ceilings, which admittedly aren't as high.

I've learned as a Tigers and baseball fan in general to respect my opponents. We have lost to the Twins too many times for me not to, but I think it comes down to the Tigs and Sox this year.

QUOTE (prospectguy @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 05:10 PM)
For sure I will check it out, I love this stuff. Haha. Thanks for the comments. One thing that is difficult in doing a list for the Sox is when a system isnt all that deep (same for my Tigers), I felt I wanted to reward a couple guys for production (Leesman and Short), if I was doing pure ceiling, yeah Escobar and Thompson probably would've made it. I try to balance those two things on my list, which is why I have Mitchell. I just think Leesman and Short have a better chance at reaching their ceilings, which admittedly aren't as high.

I've learned as a Tigers and baseball fan in general to respect my opponents. We have lost to the Twins too many times for me not to, but I think it comes down to the Tigs and Sox this year.

I agree on the balancing act, you can't go just on ceiling, as most of the highest ceiling guys don't live up to it, and there are always guys who do well who weren't as highly considered at draft time. And I like Short, I just think there are a few guys I'd put higher right now, even in a weak Sox system.

• 2 weeks later...